• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim McDade

Jim McDade

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting, Reloading...

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

I purchased a Minaska "Big Country Bandit" MD-620, and received it just four days ago. In that time I have discovered the Bandit has great sound, as compared to other electronic calls that I have hunted over. The remote seems to really perform well at the distances I have had an opportunity to play with it; 200 to 250 yards. I really can't speak to battery performance just yet, but the lead/acid batteries are a proven technology.The one issue that I do have is a problem down-loading the software from the compact flash card included with the call, to my computer. My computer savvy kid could not perform the down-load, so I am confident the problem is not me. I called Minaska, and spoke with a very personable lady there. She informed me that this was a "known" problem and stated that she would e-mail me an attachment that, when down-loaded, would fix the problem that I was encountering.The e-mail sent to me by the lady at Minaska did not work. My computer would/could not even open the attachment. I called Minaska and spoke with the same lady. I asked if she would please send me another, properly formatted, compact flash card, to see if this would fix the problem. She said they could do that, and I felt that this should fix the problem. An hour or so later I received a call from Minaska, the same lady informed me that the computer programmers informed her that I would have send the entire call back to them for repair.Four days into this and my patience is nearly gone. The call works just fine, this is a software problem. I asked to speak to one of the programmers, as the woman on the phone seemed far less computer savvy then I am, and I had completely lost confidence in her ability to assist me. I was told that customers could not speak to the programmers.I was hoping someone here had experienced the same problem and had found a fix that they could share with me, as I won't be wasting any more time on the phone with Minaska "Customer Assistance."Good Shooting,

#2 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

try going on their forum page and see if you get a response from steve or todd. ( i think they were the owners) They will help you.

#3 pthor

pthor

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Hunting-Fishing-Reloading-Traveling-Coin collecting

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

I just bought the Big Country. I was unable to set the program up on my computer, it says to copy the program to your hardrive and execute the file ? Before even starting the process, I called the same lady you mentioned about their website, while I had her on the phone i asked her how hard it will be to load the program on the pc and start using it ? She said it's an easy program, it will walk you through the process ! Well.... it didn't !! I know a little about computers but, I'm not sure if it was the program, or me? I eventually lost interest, gave up and decided because I can't load it, it works fine as is and went hunting !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users