#1 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:42 AM

Here's a look at what I carry when I'm out small game hunting. Not all of the items in this video will work for everyone but the intent is to see what other folks carry when their out in the woods.

#2 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Wingman,Good Video! I watched the beef jerky one too!

#3 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

Well thanks for stopping by. It was fun making both.

#4 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Nice and informative video Wingman115. I gave it a thumbs up and left a comment too. My rifle set ups are a .22 Benjamin Marauder with Leapers 4-16x50 AO IR MD scope and a .22 Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 (.22) with 3-9x40 AO MD scope. I also where camo gear (pants, shirt, jacket, hat, etc) which are not in the pack, a homemade set of medium height shooting sticks and always carry a knife for skinning and cleaning (always on me). I carry the following in my Back Pack:Hunting LicensePrint out of California Regs for Small Game that can be taken with an air rifle (just incase the wardens are not fully up to date on air gun quarry)2 Liter Bladder (like a CamelBak)BinocularsRangefinderFirst Aid KitBite Kit/PumpLeatherman ToolAllen Wrench SetFlash Light (led light that attaches to bill of hunting cap if it gets dark too quickly)Small Game Lanyard (just incase I need it for carrying rabbits, jacks, etc.)Vinyl Gloves (for cleaning the game)2 1/2 Gallon Zip Lock Bag (for putting small game in the back pack without getting the interior full of blood, fleas, ticks or others gunk)Silva Compass (compass, whistle, temperature gauge, magnifying glass all in one)Extra Pellets and 2 full extra 10 shot clips for the MarauderCamo GlovesReversible Boonie Hat with Blaze Orange on interior sideExtra pair of Dry Wool SocksMap of area I'm hunting iniPhone with GPS hunting appsMatches in ziploc bag with small amount of lint or dry burnable material to start fire easilyWipes for cleaning my hands if necessaryand last but not least Snacks for keeping up my energy (jerky, nuts, energy bar, etc.) I think that about covers what I carry with me. It sounds like a lot of stuff and does weigh down the pack a little (mainly the Binos, leatherman tool and the full 2 Liter Bladder weight the pack down), but when you are out in the middle of nowhere, it is all essential to me. I also keep a can of Raid Flea and Tick spray (a great suggestion by Bisley) in my truck so that if I want to keep any skins when I clean the game, I will spray the hides and then throw them in a air right ziploc bag until I get home. That way the nasty critters are dead when I get ready to tan the hides. I think your video is good since it shows other potential air gunners just how to gear up for a long or sometimes even short hunt, since you never know what you might run into or what might happen. If you get chance, check out my reviews and target videos for my Benjamin Trail and Marauder. They're nothing special (the videos I mean) but they are there to let others know what air guns can do and I'm hoping to get some hunting videos on there soon. You can check them out on YouTube by looking up "TheStupidMonkey007" which is my user name (I know it's dumb, but when I signed up I couldn't think of anything good) or you may be able to find them by The Air Rifle Hunter (which is the name of my channel). Not many people have rated them, so some of the videos don't have great ratings because when you have one good and one bad rating it comes up as 50% even though 5000 views may have happened. Not everyone thinks to rate the videos if they like them I guess. Well, I'll end this novel by saying thanks and I hope to see more Wingman115 posting around here. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#5 butthead

butthead

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Great job on the video. My pack contains most of the same items yours does. I also carry a pen and a couple of zip ties for game tags, a small test tube like cantainer and lid with a few matches. I also have the firestarter in there but matches would be easier some times. A small game bag. A flashlight. A glow stick. Shooting sticks. A couple of gun oil wipettes and most important, baby wipes. I cant tell you how many people have thanked me for borrowing a couple of baby wipes. They sell them in the little "to go" packs. In very remote areas I also pack a powerful green laser. I can get rescued from just about anywhere very quickly with that if needed. I love the camo cloth idea. I am going to look for one of those for my pack. Might have to add some leather gloves as well. Thanks again for making that video, it would have saved me a lot of time when putting together my pack. I am sure many people will find it very usefull.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Turkey kit.Posted Image

#7 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

I'm off Tue we should go out.. and get on some squirrels.

#8 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

What happened to the days when I could go hunting with a couple of shells in my pocket and a gun? now I carry almost what you guys do. I do add a couple of garbage bags. DR

#9 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

So true I remember as a kid growing up in Northern Maine and just going in the woods with a .22 and some shells. I just never thought about all the stuff that could happen I guess.

#10 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

I have to agree with you all. When I went with my uncle as a kid, I don't remember us carrying much more that the guns, some shells or rounds and maybe a canteen. However, we weren't usually too far from our vehicle either so it wasn't that bad. Now with the areas that are hiked into or out to, there is a lot of things to prepare for just in case of an accident. Like you said Wingman115, I guess we just didn't think about all the things that could possible happen.

#11 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, rowing, photography, and hunting.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Thanks Wingman, nice video! My dad had a knife like that when I was growing up too, wish I still had it. Anyway, one of the items I didn't notice that I've been curious about is a game bag. I'd like to get a shoulder strapped small game bag for rabbits, but I really can't find any here in the US. The UK seem to have the best small game bags from what I've seen. What do you use for your small game?

#12 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

I use my back pack. I just have a 2 1/2 Gallon Ziploc bag (you can pick them up a almost any store that carries Ziploc's) and when I get something, I open back and put it in the Ziploc inside the back pack. That keeps the inside of the pack nice a clean, blood and bug free. I tried taking a game bag with me one time, but it is not very efficient and you basically have to carry the back pack too (besides, many game bags basically look like a woman's purse/hand bag). Just get a good camo back pack and use the ziploc and you'll be all set. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#13 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Good job. :good: :lol:

#14 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

I think I pack enough stuff for a week.....lol always better to be over prepared.

#15 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the post and watching the video. I also subscribed to your channel.

#16 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

I learned from the master.. Thanks for teaching the rookie... We need to get out soon... Oh and a cold beer as well.

#17 64ssking

64ssking

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

great video. I also watched your video on luguna camp ground , I also subed to you. I'm "markarleta1" on youtube. is there any fish in little Luguna lake? How is camping there?

#18 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

I have never fished the lake or water hole.. But the camping is great. Note you are in the Laguna Mountain Recreation Area so the only hunting allowed is with a bow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users