9 replies to this topic

#1 FresnoHunter

FresnoHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

Curious as to what others are using when on stand calling. I picked up a "gobbler lounger" from Cabelas awhile back and find it to be the best for my needs. The way it is set up allows your knees to be in perfect position to have your rifle at the ready when on stand. They are less than $20 and are much better than using a cushion type of device sitting on the ground etc.

#2 NVWalt

NVWalt

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fly fishing, kitebugging, photography, astronomy, hot springing, looking at as many beautiful women as possible.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

The usual buttpad that you can inflate. Seems to work fine in the snow and brush we have here.

#3 yoteblaster

yoteblaster

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Huntin' yotes, Huntin', fishin', Atv'n, Campin', shootin'Military history

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

depending on the stand I use a small scissor chair. If its high brush I use it so I can just see over it. If its open I sit on the ground

#4 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

when Im out shooting ground squirrels I take a 5 gallon bucket that has a foam pad glued to its lid. I have a shooting stick made to the right hight for shooting on flat ground from the bucket. its comfortable enough that I can sit fairly still for up to an hour. and It hauls extra gear including a cold drink or two. Im not shure Id want to carry it out coyote hunting but it works for squirrels. DR

#5 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

I have the same chair you do! the lounger, very very comfortable! I don't use it all the time, but the colder it gets the more i start using it, it allows me to stay still longer

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

The seat below is what I use. There is no inflating involved, and you literally cannot feel the hard, cold ground... UN-like some others! The pic is just showing both sides of "one" cushion. ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM has them for $15.99Sorry for the bold print, but I cannot undo it for some reason. Primos Twin Cheeks Waterproof Padded Seat Cushion 66901http://www.allpredat...p?product_id=82 //Posted Image

#7 FresnoHunter

FresnoHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

http://www.cabelas.c...lounger-3.shtmlThis is what I have been using

#8 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

My brother uses one like it but it squeeks when he moves. we dont hunt together often so I dont say much, but I hope they are not all like it. DR

#9 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

If yer brother uses this seat.. tie a rope to his neck, and tugg on it from time to time... it will bring the Coyotes in closer.. lol

#10 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Depends on what kind of country I am hunting. In rolling hills or woods with ridges and gullies, I like a little chair by Ameristep that sits me up high enough to see a lot more that sitting on the ground. My Bog Pod shooting sticks easily adjust to the difference in height. It is also handy when there is no tree or fence post to use for a back support but the spot is good for a stand. As long as you have cover behind you to blend in with like a thick fencerow, briars, weeds, etc., and keep still, it causes you no problems. In opener country with plenty to places to use a thick cushion, I still prefer that method. I had an upholsterer friend make me a real nice cushion that allows you to use the back and straps for support for a short stand, which allows me to roll up my heavy jacket or pullover and carry it between the two layers. If I don't need the extra garment, it just makes the cushion thicker and more comfortable and sets you up just a bit higher which can help you a bunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users