• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, rowing, photography, and hunting.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

I ordered my first high powered air rifle from Mike Malick at Flying Dragon Air Rifle! I cant wait to get it! Watch out rabbits!

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Congrats. What caliber did you order? The .177 or the .22? Also, is Mike setting up the trigger for you? Hopefully he goes through the rifle and gets everything set up just right so that all you have to do is start shooting. Make sure to get a scope with mildots if you want to make sure to hit those rabbits out any further than 35 yards. Sometimes rabbits that have been hunted won't let yo get that close, while others will. Also, make sure to download the ChairGun Pro app or program so that you can see what the trajectory of the pellet is doing. If you want to get serious about air gun hunting, you'll also need a chronograph (if you don't already have one). That will allow you to shoot over it and know just how fast the particular pellets you are using travel at in Feet Per Second. Knowing this combined with using the ChairGun Pro app will allow you to know what your zeroed distances are and what holdover or holdunder you will need to use for different yardages. Anyway, have fun when it arrives and be prepared to practice alot and eventually get addicted to air gunning. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#3 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Thank you! It's a .177 and it is tuned by Mike. It may be a few days before I get to go out and shoot it though :harhar1[1]: since I've got to find a place where I can shoot it legally around here. Unless the trigger set up is part of the tune, I didn't get it. I did get the mildots in the scope. It might be awhile before I go out hunting for rabbits though as it might take time to learn how to shoot a springer and using a scope. I'm used to .22 RF with open sights.

#4 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

The only real thing that you will have to get used to with that gun is hold you will need to use (artillery hold) and the double recoil from the spring. Using the scope is easy to get used to. Save up for a chronograph so that you will know how fast your pellets are traveling (feet per second) and then get the Chairgun Pro app and it will make learning to use the mildots on the scope real easy.

#5 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

I have one in .22 and they are a very good build. I broke the spring around 5000 shotsbut it has since been tuned with some other parts replaced and a trigger job.It runs at a VEEEEERY smooth and accurate 14 FPE.I've lost count of how many rodents I've taken with it.
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

#6 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:33 AM

Well, I got a chance to go out and shoot my new rifle. It took a few shots to sight it in and get used to the artillery hold. Before long I was hitting the target (where I wanted) and getting some very nice groupings using Crosman Premier Hollow Points. Monday I went home for lunch and did a little target shooting in my condo. I thought I cleaned up all the evidence, but when I got home that evening the first thing my wife said was, "You where shooting your gun in the house weren't you?!" Busted :smiley_green_with_envy: . I left my pellet tin out.

#7 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

Yep! You gotta be thorough and look everything over. I've done the same thing and left the box with the target on it out. Fortunately, she didn't notice it and I quietly put it away before she saw it. When are we gonna get to see a picture of your set up? :signgreatreport3kg:

#8 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

When are we gonna get to see a picture of your set up? :1106:

Here are a couple of pictures. Hope this works.Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

That's a nice looking air rifle. I especially like the shape of the thumbhole stock. Very nice! :1106:

#10 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

The thumbhole stock is the last thing I have to add to mine.BTW, FYI, the B-26 is a clone of the Beeman R-9.Damn good build they are. :1106:

#11 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Thank you. It's my first springer, first scoped rifle, and first thumbhole stock and I am really happy with it. I did a lot of research and for the money I had to go with the this rifle. A good choice it was. This weekend I am hoping that I can go out a do some rabbit hunting up in the Los Padres.

#12 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

Glad to help! More info. Most don't have a 26mm compression tube (hence B-"26'), like the R-9they're actually 25mm which is why parts can be hard to find.Mine is rebuilt with an E9870 spring (which fit a lot of crosman guns)with a "tesla" seal. Keep this info cuz if you shoot it enough you'll need it.If you add a one piece scope mount you won't go wrong (I'm partial to them on springers, they're solid).Tighten the trigger mount/stock screws once every tin of pellets and SHOW US THE BUNNY!and, NEVER DRY FIRE A SPRINGER!

#13 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

Thanks Airgunny. Do you re-spring your own rifle or do you have someone do it? If you do it yourself, do you use a spring press? Did you make it yourself?

#14 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

I'm not very mechanical. I send my springers out.

#15 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

Thanks Airgunny. Do you re-spring your own rifle or do you have someone do it? If you do it yourself, do you use a spring press? Did you make it yourself?

If you are thinking of making a spring compressor you might try emailing Rick Eutsler at AirGunWeb.com. Go to his website and contact him. In his latest "Take A.I.M." video (I believe it's #8) he shows and uses a spring compressor he made himself. He might be nice enough to help you out.

#16 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

Nice gun. I have a RWS 52 that I think needs another spring replacement.

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users