• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 'Ike'

'Ike'

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Bowhunting, Upland birds with my Labs and Shooting...

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

Ok, after finding some of the 45gr Win JHP I now have five 'Factory' loads to test in my .223...The R-15 Carbine with 18" 1-9 twist barrel...I'll shoot the following rounds at 100yds...Hornady 40gr V-Max MolyWinchester 45gr JHPWinchester 55gr FMJHornady 55gr V-MaxWinchester 64gr SPKeep you posted... :doh[1]:

#2 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

In my very limited time with this round and the 1 in 9 twist, I'm going to say that the lighter rounds are going to group 100% better than the heavier rounds. Where do you shoot?

#3 'Ike'

'Ike'

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

That's what I'm thinking to...I shoot SacValley and the SSD range at times. Once in a blue moon, I'll go to Rancho! :smiley_green_with_envy: How about you?

#4 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

I've only been to Sac Valley, and do enjoy shooting there, but after years of shooting on my own land, it sucks to have to drive out there and pay $14 to sight in a rifle. I've gained a few neighbors over the years, and now whenever we have a big shoot someone calls the law. The El Dorado Sheriff's Dept. is always cool when they come out, and never make us stop shooting, but I'm just tired of the hassle. Now I limit our shooting to a few sight in rounds, or .22's.

#5 'Ike'

'Ike'

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Ahhh, the neighbors :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: ...Growing up we always had our own range to shoot, hard to beat! All put together!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users