4 replies to this topic

#1 AceRoth

AceRoth

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

I'm trying to sell a long gun (H&R single shot) on a couple of forums and am wondering what hoops California is going to make me jump through on the sell end. I get that I can't just mail it straight to the buyer (have to send it to the buyer's FFL) but do I have to have a licensed dealer on my end to send it TO the buyer's dealer? What paperwork/fees does the state require? Bonus points for the code sections or regs that set out the rule(s).Thanks!

#2 loaders_loft

loaders_loft

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

You just sell it to the person, receive their payment in full and a signed copy (pdf our hard copy) of the ffl license, then ship itto the ffl. The state does not get involved. Easy right?

#3 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

The way I have done this is to meet the buyer at the FFL and do a person-to-person transfer. It is also the cheapest. That way the weapon is officially in the buyer's name after the transfer.

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

You just sell it to the person, receive their payment in full and a signed copy (pdf our hard copy) of the ffl license, then ship itto the ffl. The state does not get involved. Easy right?

Thats all it takes. You must be sure that the receiving FFL accepts from Private parties as well. Another thing I see folks ask for, is a photo copy of a Drivers license to keep for their records. Good luck.

#5 pthor

pthor

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Hunting-Fishing-Reloading-Traveling-Coin collecting

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

If you havn't found this out already- Make sure you use Fed Ex when you ship it ! You don't want the USPS feds opening and/ or inspecting your package and UPS Has either stopped, or will stop shipping guns from individuals (I was told by them). I recently built and shipped a rifle from the Fed Ex in Visalia airport and they were very cool about it, they just wanted the FFL Dealer paper and it was done...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users