• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Well ARH and I went out early around 4:30am to Mc Cain valley and boy was it cold (32) and there was snow and ice. The brush was very thick and I slipped on ice and fell on my ass....lol at least I didn't get hurt or damage my gun this time. We didn't see anything except for a few birds but it was so cold and windy I don't think I could have hit anything even at 10 yards....lol So we packed up and went to another (warmer spot) and we saw a ton of squirrels. We setup and started whacking them between 40 and 81 yards, I think we got 8-10 of them. Caught this guy taking a nap Shhhhh.Posted ImageThis guy just popped out of his hole so the .25 Ar gave him 2 more.....lolPosted ImageThis guy was working on his tan a little too longPosted Image

#2 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Nice shooting.

#3 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Thanks, wish we could have gotten more pics but a lot of the time the squirrels drag there dead buddies down the hole before we can get a pic.....lol

#4 rws fan

rws fan

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My kids, shootin' stuff, hunting, hiking, scenic beaches, weather, running, imported beer, science, technology, fast cars, fast women, guns etc.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Nice shooting :doh[1]: You guys see any jack-rabbits?

#5 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

RWS we didn't see any kind of rabbit dead or alive :doh[1]:

#6 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

The Jacks, rabbits, quail and pretty much every other living critter out there were all some where else where the weather was a little warmer I think :1106: . We were even looking around the base of the bushes and plants to see if we saw any life signs. Like CBR mentioned, we only saw a few Blue Jays and some other very small brown Finch like birds flitting from bush to bush. Other than the birds, there were no signs of animal life, except for some dropping I saw. It was really cold and icy with snow all over the ground and mountains . Fortunately I had thermals on and my jacket, so only my face, nose and ears were cold for the most part. I took some photos so as soon as I get them downloaded I'll post them here. If it weren't for the wind, it wouldn't have been quite so bad and we probably would have enjoyed it a little more. I bet the wind (wind chill factor) was making it at least 5 degrees or more colder than the actual temperature. At least it was a good view of the mountains :) . Maybe I'll head back out there when it's warmer to see if anything else is moving around besides blue jays and finches. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users