• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

Well, I've been wanting to make videos of my hunts with my Benjamin Marauder .22. I have been reading the VarmintAir blog and liked the scope mount set up that he had, so I emailed him to inquire as to where he purchased it. He let me know that he purchased it from Ernie Olsen at Swift Air Gun Parts (if you are interested in one, PM me and I'll send you his email address). I received it today and took some photos of the little HD camera I'll be using on it (I know, it's red and a little shiny, but it's all I have for now). The photos are below of the mount on my scope with the camera installed on it.Front ViewAttached File  2.jpg   13.88KB   5 downloadsSide ViewAttached File  3.jpg   12.73KB   5 downloadsBack ViewAttached File  4.jpg   15.74KB   5 downloads The mount will only work on PCP air rifles because the recoil of a springer or nitro piston would ruin the camera. I can't wait to get it out and use it now to video my hunts. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Nice setup. We need some videos. My Casio FC150 High Speed/Slow Motion is red too.

I'm an airgunholic

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

I hear those cameras make slowing down the shot so you can see the pellet clear in the shot very easy. Unfortunately, this one I have only shoots in 720P resolution, but it does not shoot in more than 30 Frames Per Second. Well, at least the video will be nice and clear in realtime.

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

It does up to 1000 fps but the 240 fps has good resolution. I still slow them down beyond even that with the editor.

I'm an airgunholic

#5 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

That is the camera I wish I had. However, I won't be buying one since I would rather use that money to get a .25 cal Marauder, or better yet... get my .270Win. that I need for Hog :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: .

#6 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

Well I discovered that the camera I had will not work well for this application :1106: . It would work as a scope cam, but not as mounted video camera. The reason is that it will not zoom in close enough for a good view of the target. At 12x zoom it almost like looking at it with your own eyes. I guess I'll have to break down and purchase a used hard drive HD camera that is small enough to not add too much more weight to an already heavy rifle. :)

#7 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Nice setup! I have similar camera mounts on my 17 MachII, 17 HMR. .204 (weighing in at 20 lbs) and a .223. The .223 has to much recoil for my mounting system. The camera blurs out then refocuses. Check out my videos on You Tube at STEVEASKEGood luck and have fun with it. In the beginning I found myself focusing to much on the camera and the shot would be gone till I got back on the scope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users