• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Well I decided to do it after I called in three dogs a month ago and watched two get away. Started out with a cnc machined sts lower. Went with a 2 stock. And I got an unbelievable deal on an upper partly because I work in the shop. I got a rock river arms predator 20" upper for 500. Out the door. I was going to go with a sixteen but I could not pass that up. Last but not least just waiting on the trigger to get here then I'm going to whip her together and let some lead fly. I realize this is not a featherweight. But I enjoy a Lillian weight when I'm shooting and have no problem packing this rifle for miles on in. I'm that guy lol. But just wanted to share and hear if you guys had any tips. I will be sure to post pics when its done. Hopefully next Monday. Thanks guys

#2 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

sounds good to me, what trigger are you going to use? that's about all i want to do with mine. i built mine from scratch and changed a lot of parts along the way finding out what worked for me and what didn't. it's been an expensive endeavor, but fun at the same time. excited to see some pics.

#3 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, being outdoors, hanging with my family and friends

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

geissele trigger. should be here by monday i have everything else ready.

#4 CaseyU

CaseyU

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

well here is a couple photos of my ar. sts lowerPosted ImageRRA 20" upperPosted ImageMounted base and scope yesterdayPosted Image

#5 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

very nice! and good choice on the trigger, my friend has a larue with a geiselle trigger in it and it's very nice. right now mine has a polished GI trigger. one day i'll put something nicer in it. looks like you've got some nice high rings on there, i don't know if you've checked your eye relief but i had to put a leopold cantilever system on mine to get the scope far enough forward. i really like that your trigger guard is integral, i don't understand why they don't do this on all AR's. anyways, thanks for sharing some pics and let's see it when it's done.

#6 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

Well I decided to do it after I called in three dogs a month ago and watched two get away. Started out with a cnc machined sts lower. Went with a 2 stock. And I got an unbelievable deal on an upper partly because I work in the shop. I got a rock river arms predator 20" upper for 500. Out the door. I was going to go with a sixteen but I could not pass that up. Last but not least just waiting on the trigger to get here then I'm going to whip her together and let some lead fly. I realize this is not a featherweight. But I enjoy a Lillian weight when I'm shooting and have no problem packing this rifle for miles on in. I'm that guy lol. But just wanted to share and hear if you guys had any tips. I will be sure to post pics when its done. Hopefully next Monday. Thanks guys

When I built my AR i did the same thing you did. I chose C3 Defense lower though. I will tell you up front, a RRA predator Pursuit upper can stack bullets on top of each other. It will shoot every thing from 40 grain rat pills to 75 grain match bullets into itty bitty ragged hole groups. If it will fit in the magazine that upper will put 'em where you point 'em.Attached File  5.jpg   21.63KB   6 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users