7 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

I was at lake don Pedro Sunday and the trout were leaping out of the water like crazy .I could not catch any of them either I found a spot that was real calm if i had my fly fishing pole I could maybe have caught some they were jumping for fly's.All I caught was a perch.......I would like to learn how to troll can someone tell me ways to do this.I have heard of down riggers? and another on using a lead type of line.......................................................I also heard turkey on the blm side of the lake that's enough info on that part .

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

John, if the trout are breaking the surface the last thing you want to do is troll with downriggers or lead core line. I would use a fly behind a water bubble or troll up on the top.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

if i had my fly fishing pole. Spoke like a real dairy type guy. :1087: Its a fly rod not a fly fishing pole. See any deer. Those trout might of been after little shad.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

Well it's a pole used for fly fishing the same thing smart guy.......... :1087: Deer no comment on public furom... :1087: ........did find some lion tracks next to a camp ground shore line.I had a hand call and was going to try calling but laid down by a tree and took a nap instead.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

John, if the trout are breaking the surface the last thing you want to do is troll with downriggers or lead core line. I would use a fly behind a water bubble or troll up on the top.

thanks for the info Ron.I did throw a cast master but nothing bit.We are going to go back and do some night fishing next.

#6 turkeyman85

turkeyman85

Juan Galindo- Last Light Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, turkey hunting, carving turkey calls.
    Juan Galindo- Last Light taxidermy

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Lake Don Pedro.....Turkeys....Blm land.....HHHhhmmmm? Intresting lol

#7 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

The fly behind the bubble bobber is what I've used when I don't have a fly rod and it does work. :signlol2iu:

#8 Tuolumne85

Tuolumne85

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

I have spent lots of time on Pedro fishing and otherwise mostly bass fishing though it's a cool lake I have wanted to do some calling out there too but haven't gotten around to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users