2 replies to this topic

#1 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

ok guys simple question i own a kel tec su 16 ca they told me when i bought it it was a 223 .dumb me never looked at it and have been shooting rem 223 55 g fmj threw it .well the reciver says 5.56 so should i be trying to find 5.56 ? if i understand what i read right a 223 in a 5.56 is ok and wont be as dead on as they would be if shot from a 223 gun and the other way around can a 5.56 in a 223 gun wil cause some potintial issues i have it pretty close to being dialed in and want to use it to hunt yotes switched to a vmax 55 g poly tipped slug

#2 trn2kill

trn2kill

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

The only major difference between the two are 5.56 the throat is just a little bit longer then that of a .223, you should have no problem shootin both rounds out of your gun. I have a Remington 700 in .223 and I have shoot both rounds out of it with the same accuracy. Just my :rolleyes:

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

If you want to know what shoots well out of your SU16CA, drop Hotloadskenny a PM. He has been refining loads for his and he has it shooting pretty well. Mine loved the Black Hills blue box 68-grain ammo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users