• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

You guys are brutal but funny! I wish the vest brought in a bunch of coyotes but it doesn't work that good. I took another newbie out last Saturday and it was comical! The guy had an AR so I figured he knew what he was doing-WRONG! On our first stand, he forgot to chamber a round so when Mr. Coyote strolled in, he was met with a resounding "click" followed by "son of a *****". On our second stand, his shooting sticks didn't want to work......? On the 3rd stand, he was glassing a distant high spot and didn't notice Mr. Coyote standing 10 feet from my mojo critter. I almost slid off my seat pad in laughter when I noticed him trying to focus in on the coyote then throwing his binos down to get on the rifle. Oh yeah, Wiley's eyes were as big as his binos objective lenses when he knew he was about to get shot! Finally, with the wind kicking up in the afternoon, we gave it one more try and......he missed Mr. Coyote standing broadside at 80 yards. I couldn't take it anymore so I shot the coyote on a dead run before he could get 150 yards out. The pictures below are of his good side. The other side was incredibly ugly as the 22.250, 55gr Vmax round tore a huge hole just behind the shoulder and blew out his spine.Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

So what your saying is, this vest doesent attract coyotes by the dozen???I was pretty certain, I heard that in one of their advertisements.....I guess I'll have to use my backup plan of covering myself in "Female Coyote in Heat Urine" :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: You sure can pick your partners Fakawee, you might want to start finding them at the rifle range rather than at Turners or the Sportsmens Wharehouse. :D :P :lol: Lee

#33 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

That's funny Lee. None of the guys I've been taking lately are my hunting partners. These are guys that I met at one time or another and had an interests in coyote hunting. I'm always up for teaching new guys how to hunt them and usually, when they get their first coyote, it's "see ya and good luck". My actual hunting partner is still out trying to get his buck.

#34 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

Hey Mark! Where is that lucky vest, do you where it under your leafy jacket? It looks like that 22-250 is doing a number on those coyotes. Good job. Ron

#35 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Ha, ha, ha! Thanks buddy! That's all me Ron....no Fur Taker vest under my ghillie jacket. The vest is actually laying next to the camera/tripod holding it down so the wind doesn't blow it over. The guy that missed this coyote was walking back to the vehicle in disgust! Funny how guys with AR's forget that they can fire a follow up shot or two when they miss. This isn't the first guy I've taken that forgot to follow up with another shot. I love my Savage Predator 22.250. This rifle is so easy to swing and so stinkin' accurate. If I do my part, these coyotes don't stand a chance unless they're out past 500yds.

#36 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

Damn dude, I definately need to get one,I didn't even think of being able to use it as a tripod holder downer. Are you able to fit your tripod in the vest also or do you just carry it?

#37 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

The rear cargo pocket is a little too small for my full size tripod so I'm looking for a smaller desk type tripod that should fit just right. I really don't need the 5 1/2 foot tall tripod anyhow plus it's too heavy. Lee (BPS) has a Fur Taker vest now and has made some modifications to his that I'm about to try on mine. Might as well get one Ron....you know you want one! Your backside will love the padded seat too. :D

#38 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

MArk ,loan me a hundred bucks and I'll order one today because I'm sure not spending my own money on that.LOL They should call it the bend over vest since you need to bend over and take it when you get to the cash register. Just kidding, it looks pretty cool and some guys might not mind spending their money on something like that but I don't really have a need for it because I only run with 2 calls on my lanyard and a set of shooting sticks if I'm using my rifle. Anything else on a stand is just unneeded weight.

#39 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Ron if you buy a Fur Taker Vest, you'll be able to call in 10 Dogs instead of 8, just by wearing it.I'm pretty sure I read that, in another one of their advertisements... :harhar1[1]: Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users