• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

For when the Apocalypse comes and you need that something special. :rolleyes: http://www.hornady.c...ition/zombiemaxHornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

Oh swell. Now I have to search the internet for Zombie handloads. That means special Zombie bullets and a dedicated Zombie powder. And then they'll be the various caliber threads discussing what caliber is best for Zombies. Boy, just when ya think you have all your loads setup for different stuff.....in march the Zombies.Hmmmmm....the upside is it will be a lot easier to convince my wife I need some more "stuff". After all, the freeking Zombies are coming. Oh wait, the are already here, occupying Wall Street. :rolleyes:
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

SON OF A BEACH! I've spent an hour searching the DFG regs and there is NOTHING, not one mention, of whether we can use spotlights for night zombie hunts.I'm planning to spend all day tomorrow at the Rancho Cordova DFG office asking questions. Questions like:Are zombies considered nongame?Do we need a special tag? If so, does the tag get punched through the zombie's ear? And what if the ears have rotted off?If a zombie chases me and bites me, will I be ticketed for using food bait while hunting? Are E-callers OK or is this mouth calling only? What happens if I shoot a zombie but then discover that I shot an out-of-season vampire by mistake? What's the fine?Can we hunt zombies within a 150 yards of an occupied dwelling or do we have to make them chase us beyond that no-shooting zone? How close to schools can we hunt zombies? How are people supposed to protect themselves in the no-lead Condor Zone? I'm sure there will be more questions.I can't wait for what other hunters have to say. I wonder what those self-righteous "Eat-What-You-Kill" hunters will have to say about zombie hunting?There already is a clown on another forum calling himself PZH (Professional Zombie Hunter) and talking about his special zombie jerky. Gimme a break!
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#4 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

haha i saw a flyer for that in Turners the other day
Hic Ego Statio

#5 240 supervarminter

240 supervarminter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

foxpro sound #666 zombie in distress

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

I can't wait for what other hunters have to say. I wonder what those self-righteous "Eat-What-You-Kill" hunters will have to say about zombie hunting?There already is a clown on another forum calling himself PZH (Professional Zombie Hunter) and talking about his special zombie jerky. Gimme a break!

:birth: :crazy:

#7 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hey do you have to use Lead Free ammo when the Zombies are in Santa Barbara? :crazy:

#8 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

Even Hornady can have a sense of humor and it perfect time for Halloween.

#9 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

I don't know, but I was thinking that these Occupy-Wherever crowd is kind of Zombie-esqe...

#10 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

I heard zombies smell better than the 'Occupy' crowd.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#11 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

Is your bug out bag ready? If your preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse then you need to try Hornady's new Zombie Max ammo. I purchase a box of 9mm 115 gr hollowpoint rounds. I primary purpose for purchasing the rounds is for home and self defense. Hornady makes this round in a number of calibers 9mm 115gr - 40 S&W 165gr - 45 Auto 185gr - .223 Rem 55gr - 7.62x39 123gr - .308 Win 168 - 12 Ga 00 Buck Z Shot. So it looks like there are lots to chose from to fit most shooters needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users