5 replies to this topic

#1 pumapatrick

pumapatrick

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

I built this Jeep from a title a few years ago to cruise around on fire roads, and to the coffee shop.Posted Image

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

Cool,is that your plane also?.

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

looks like my first. It was a 42 flat fender. I milled the head to give it 10 to 1 compression, and added a 2bbl carb. off road it was great. on the road it was just slow. before I added the overdrive it top speed was 45 mph. that was before the 55 mph speed limits. I had alot of good times in it tho. Enjoy yours they dont make them like that now. DR

#4 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

Good looking Jeep, really like those old flat fender jeep, also love those 51's

#5 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

NICE jeep, my great uncle flew P51's during and after WWII. Always been my fav next to the Me109's. My uncle said the Me's where a good plane too.

#6 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

Nice looking Jeep! When I was 18 I had a great uncle who wanted to give me am old Korean war era Willies jeep that he had sitting in his back yard not running for years. I turned it down because I had no $$$, no time and no place to put it. I've lost track of how many times I told myself since then that wish I had that jeep. :smiley_kewlpics:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users