• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, rowing, photography, and hunting.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Greetings folks! My name is Marcus and I'm new to this forum. I am looking to get into air gun hunting again. When I was young my friends and I would go out with our BB guns (I had a nice 1962 Benjamin passed down to me) and shoot lizards and birds. The first sparrow I actually shot was in mid air, part of a flock of them flying over head. In all the years that followed I never hit anything in the air with my BB gun (except for the wing of a bat). Now after about 25 years I am looking to get back into it. I plan on buying a BAM XB-26 .177 to hunt rabbits, quail, and chukar. I only want to shoot critters that my family and I will eat.I live in Ventura county and plan on doing most of my hunting up highway 33 and where I grew up in Ridgecrest, where I am quite familiar with the desert and it's critters.I'd like to find some air gunners in somewhere between Ventura and Ridgecrest who might like to do some hunting with me. I have read quite a bit on the forums about rabbit hunting. I am always open to suggestions on using an air rifle on rabbits, quail, and chukar.

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Welcome to the forum. :lol: I don't live up your way, but I do visit up in Los Alamos from time to time and do some work for extended periods up there. I've been planning a hunting trip for Jacks and Cottontails up there near Nipomo/Santa Maria area. I hope you are able to find a hunting buddy.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,312 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Moved to Airgun talk. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hello

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#5 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users