• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Well I know this is late but I've been way too busy. Fished out of Monterey Sat the 1st and Sun. the 2nd. Water smooth and we put 22 fish from 17-39# on Sat. for 4 guys on my buddies boat. Went out Sun on my boat and put 11 from 16-35# for two of us. I spent the week processing tuna. I ended up with 177 1/2 pint/# cans plus what we ate as sashimi. Tried for SeaBass this week for nada, but they are still there. Looks like the albacore water moved north to the Guide or Pioneer. Maybe we will get another weather window for one more try?? Working on buying a bigger boat for the Tuna, my little 20' Grady is marginal for going much over 30 miles offshore.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,649 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Way to go. Thats alot of sandwitches. Did you save any for steaks ect?
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

Congrats. Thats a mess of Tuna. I am hoping to get some Yellow Tail in San Diego sometime soon but you know what boat stands for right?Bring Out Another Thousand.I'm saving up my pennies. :signs1242cn:

#4 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun. Never been tuna fishing in my life. One more thing to do.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#5 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Nice to see that some has gotten them in #s . Most of the counts down here , So Cal , there were in mix batchs of " a little bit of everything " . No one , that I recall , had a 100+ only of Albacores . Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users