3 replies to this topic

#1 kaosaechao09

kaosaechao09

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

Does it seriously take 3 months to do a rebuild on a 90hp Johnson motor? This guy is kidding me . Ive been waiting 3 months for my boat and it is still not finish????

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

That is completely crazy. What excuses is he giving you? Can't get parts? Mechanic quit? Screwed up the rebuild? Aliens abducted your motor? Tell hi if he can't complete the job to your satisfaction in two weeks you'll be taking him to small claims court.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#3 kaosaechao09

kaosaechao09

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

First he said it will take about 4 weeks after that he took the block to machine shop the block sat there for one month excuse was the machine guy was out of town in boniville ... Now he's saying one the piston ring was damaged so he's shipping it back to get a new one he now tells me it will be done by this week and yet it's not.

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Now he's saying one the piston ring was damaged so he's shipping it back to get a new one he now tells me it will be done by this week and yet it's not.

You do know that about the only way to damage a piston ring is making a mistake when putting it in, right? Which only makes sense after hearing about his work ethic. Time to find a new mechanic. At this point I would take back the motor, pay for services rendered, and have another mechanic first double check his work, then finish the process. I say this only because, you are never really going to ever have full confidence in this man's work. I sure would not. And out in the water is a bad time to find this out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users