• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

I have a .25 Daystate Air Ranger 50 on order from Airguns of Airizona. I also ordered an upgrade Huggett shroud and a Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 6.5-20x scope at a nice discount since they were offering a free lower cost Hawke scope with any Daystate. I should see it on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm an airgunholic

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Awesome! :signgreatreport3kg: I so hope that someday I can afford to get one of those. The look incredible and from the posts I've read on them, they sound like awesome air rifles. I can't wait to see your posted results with that bit of air power! :signs1180lq:

#3 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

The AR is a great AG I love mine but it makes me neglect my other guns. I think my next gun might be an FX something...lol

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

I hope some day I can afford one too :sport037fn4:

Awesome! :signgreatreport3kg: I so hope that someday I can afford to get one of those. The look incredible and from the posts I've read on them, they sound like awesome air rifles. I can't wait to see your posted results with that bit of air power! :signs1180lq:

I'm an airgunholic

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

The guy at AOA told me his favorite airgun ever is still an FX Royale. He said they are both the same accuracy, quality, etc but the AR is more powerful. He said he likes it because his first high-end PCP was an FX.

The AR is a great AG I love mine but it makes me neglect my other guns. I think my next gun might be an FX something...lol

I'm an airgunholic

#6 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

When is your Air Ranger supposed to arrive? I'm looking forward to your comments on the gun.

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

I ordered it Monday and Kip at AOA said it would ship on Tuesday. They mount the scope, install the Huggett shroud and shoot it and makes sure it cuts one hole on their 18 yd range and doesnt leak. With UPS ground I am guessing Monday or Tuesday from AZ to MO although when I ordered the Marauder HDD from them recently it arrived in three days but it was USPS.I also ordered a Shoebox 4500 psi compressor to fill my 2 44 CF 4500 SCBA tanks. It will arrive on Friday from AZ as well. I need to pick up a drier unit and booster compressor for it.The Shoebox compressors are on their third generation and work very well at this point. I ordered an extra maintenance kit too.http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/

I'm an airgunholic

#8 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Wow Brant... looks like there was a good deal of $$$$$$ heading out the door recently! :roflmao3[1]: Those shoe box compressors make having air ready at all times a sweet, sweet thing. I would love one, however, I really need a new truck and since I doubt it could pull a camping trailer even if I put wheels on it, owning one is going to have to be waaaaayyyyy back on the burner for now. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani: Will love to see pics of everything once it arrives and after you get acquainted with your new equipment. :roflmao3[1]:

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

Too funny. Well I just sold my airplane and my wife let me spend a little of the proceeds :g-hog-poppin-up-ani: but it may cost me dearly later on. Our RV is being repaired from a leak and she wants to replace her miniivan (soccer mom) with a big SUV to use hauling the RV. My son took the Ford Supercrew truck to college so we need another gas guzzler to replace the airplane.

I'm an airgunholic

#10 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

I'm right there with you... It always seems like there is something that needs fixin', right? It's a never ending battle. At least your wife seems pretty cool about spending a portion of the proceeds on some other fun stuff. :roflmao3[1]: I totally laughed reading the comment about needing another gas guzzler to replace the airplane. :roflmao3[1]: That was a good one. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

#11 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Nothing I have owned (even my motorhome I sold a decade ago) is a black hole for money like an airplane. They make every part and accessory cost 4x as much as they should and the stuff still breaks. :smiley-outta-here: ) The cost per unit of fun with a PCP is much lower than an airplane - even with a Daystate.

I'm an airgunholic

#12 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Air Ranger arrived! I asked them to pick a dark marbled stock and they sent a real dandy. I'll post some pictures later. I am almost afraid to touch it like a real expensive shotgun. The Huggett custom shroud looks very cool as well. They sent a test target (one hole) and shot string with JSB Kings. It shoots them at 49 fpe according to their string. Kodiaks would be in the low 50s then. I have to put the Hawke Tactical back on and gas it up after work. :lol:

I'm an airgunholic

#13 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Here are pictures of my new Air Ranger. I need some AA batteries for my Canon. These are bad with my cell phone in low light.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm an airgunholic

#14 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Copy cat.....lol

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#15 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

No we are both broke. :signbs1zn:

I'm an airgunholic

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,032 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

Nice gun but you need a new camera badly. :rolleyes:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#17 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

Thats the second time this summer my family has left me without AAs for my Canon. They go right through those giant packs.

I'm an airgunholic

#18 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I put out some clearer pictures.

I'm an airgunholic

#19 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Brant, that stock is beautiful. I love the figuring in the wood (and the rifle's cool too)! Man... I'm going to need to sell my motorcycle to be able to afford one of those beauties! Have fun! :crazy:

#20 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

So Brant, any updates on how you like your Air Ranger?

#21 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

Well, in general, the overall quality, performance, and accuracy is just superb to anything else I have ever owned. I am still testing pellets but I have not tried a pellet yet that shot badly although the JSB Kings are at the top of the list. Predators shoot very well as do Benjamin domes and Cudas/Kodiaks. The Daystate 36 grain pellets I got with it from AOA shot the worst so far which is a 1/2" group at 30 yards. When I do my part, the JSB Kings shoot under a 1/4" at 30 yards. I only have clear area for targets out to 75 yards in my woods. My son and I shot about 20 5 shot groups and the best were under 3/4" from our bench rest. With sorted pellets it shouldnt have a problem getting some 1" groups at 100 yards in calm conditions. The best groups I have seen with the Marauder or Condor are at least double that. There is something to be said for a screened match grade, polished barrel. I separated the stock from the action assembly and the machining, bluing, fit and finish is top notch. I equate it something like a high end Sako or Weatherby rifle in that same $2k price range. I asked for a special stock and they sent me one a little darker loaded with tiger stripping and I couldn't be happier with that. I just added a Vortex scope level, Hawke 4" side focus wheel, and Butler Creek flip caps. I went with a moderate power .25 (50 fpe) model. It is right at 50 fpe with Kings (940 fps) and it shot 54 fpe with Kodiaks. Daystate claims 40 full power shots at a full charge and these guns can take a 250 bar/3625 max fill although I am just filling it to 3000 psi. It should take care of any small critters to 100+ yards.I added the Huggett shroud and it is very effective and attractice. It is fabricated from thin stainless steel and makes the AR about as quiet as the .25 Marauder. They use SS mesh vents and fluting to snaze it up. For accuracy sake and long pellets I am only using the single shot tray at the moment but it also comes with a magazine. I am just starting to tweak on the trigger which is completely adjustable.

I'm an airgunholic

#22 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

Very nice. Sounds like you've got yourself an awesome gun there that's bound to take out some crafty critters. I look forward to future post on game taken. :signlol2iu:

#23 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

Very nice AirRanger!! Enjoy. :drinks:

"Every Day Is My Friday"

#24 butthead

butthead

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Very nice looking rifle! How do you like the thumbhole stock? They sure picked you out a nice one. Glad to hear its a shooter as well.

#25 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

I like the thumhole stocks better generally because the grip handle is more comfortable (not such a twist on the wrist).

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users