5 replies to this topic

#1 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

So I recently purchased a Foxpro wildfire and took it out yesterday, here is my experience with it after about dozen stands.This thing is smaller and lighter than I expected, easy to carry. Caller uses 4 AA batteries and remote uses one 9 V battery. Plenty of volume for where I hunt in my opinion, and you have option to connect an external speaker if needed. Remote range is more than enough, I usually put caller within 50 yards and itís well within remoteís range.Caller comes with 35 rounds from Foxpro, Sounds are stored on a removable micro sd card, but you can easily re-program it on your PC with a micro sd card reader (less than $10 may be) and the foxpro programming utility which can be downloaded from foxpro website for free. After you done with sd card, transmitting the new sounds list to the remote is even easier, connecting the remote to the caller with the cable comes with the caller and it takes less than 30 seconds. The 1GB micro sd card comes with the caller actually can store more than 35 sounds, itís just the remote can only display and play the first 35 sounds. You can use a couple of micro sd cards for different group of sounds if you like, and easily transmit to the caller on the field. 35 sounds are more than enough in my opinion.If there is one thing that I wish this caller can be made better, that is the text size on the remote. Itís rather smaller. You can change the text to a bigger size but only the sound number will be displayed, not the sound name. Overall, Iím happy with the purchase. Hope this litter review will help you make a better choice when you purchase your next e-caller.

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Looks just like the spitfire but has 15 more recorded sounds.I am surprised sometimes what that one speaker will do.http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0054LTMYU

#3 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Yes, looks just like spitfire, with 15 more sounds which I don't care that much, but the wildfire comes with fox bang which is a big plus, that's the selling point to me.

#4 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Agreed, fox bang is why I'm saving for the wildfire, over the spitfire.Thanks for the review!Carlos

#5 240 supervarminter

240 supervarminter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

i have the foxpro fury and it didnt come with the usb cable? there like 15 bucks from foxpro but i thought if i spent 600 bucks on a call it would come with it? i like the call alot but that and no foxbang is a disapointment, mine comes with the presets witch is just like it i guess u just have to hit one button and it will play your preset sound of choice. i also hooked up an external speaker and it would play the cutt out? so i dont use it...

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Not only does the Wildfire come with the FoxBang & cable, it also has a better (TX9) remote (vs Spitfire's TX-24) & has a 3 yr warranty instead of 1 yr on the Sptifire. Also, if I remember right (from playing with one), the Wildfire is louder. There are a good half dozen or more features on the Wildfire over the Spitfire from what I saw (or didn't see), making it a good value indeed for only $100 more.Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users