• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

AOA is selling a third party HDD that appears to work pretty well. They are $35 and takes about 30 minutes to install. These are not endorsed by Crosman. The concept is basically a the introduction of a part that acts as a clutch brake on the hammer. The hammer bounce in the Marauders wastes a lot of air and the testing results with the HDDs are varying from 30 to as much as 50%. Less in the pistol and more in the .25 rifle. The pistol one is a different design but uses the same concept. I am seeing the shot count go from 16 for Baracudas to 24 with the avg velocity within 2 fps. With the lighter JSB Kings or Predators which I have yet to test the counts are higher. The result is basically about the same as adding an air extension on the .25 Marauder. A few people have had some minor issues getting them to work because of inconsistency in some of the guns tolerances but so far they have gotten around the issues. The part for the Marauder rifle has one adjustment but isn't needed most of the time according to early reports.Look under Crosman Custom Partshttps://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

I'm an airgunholic

#2 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

I plan on getting one for my .25 mrod. Its been too hot to do much shooting lately but once it cools off I'm gonna order one. I'm also thing about a tt reservoir extension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users