• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

long story short, the AR is staying for a little bit. i had some extra cash this month so i changed some things on it. first i yanked the old scope and put on a leopold mount and a bushnell 6-18x40 in it's place. i changed out the charging handle for a bcm gunfighter with the gargantuan latch. i used a rock river arms ambi star safety instead of the stocker. the stock A2 grip went back on, and i pulled the stock stock and put on an LMT adjustable one. it was a little spendy for all the parts but i figured if i'm gonna keep it i might as well make it fit me better. i can recoup the cost a little (not much) but selling off some of the other stuff, but that's besides the point. gonna eat lunch and then head out to resight it back in. after that i'm gonna make a stand and shoot some doves beings it will be evening time by then. range reports and pics to follow. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

i'm really liking this now! it's grouping awesome and i have an easier time shooting it. i'm not going to post group pics cause i had some fliers (all my fault), but when i was doing everything right (breathing and squeezing) the bullets were basically dropping right in on eachother. i'm so ready to take a trip to some honey holes i have and stretch out some. the place i shoot at is better for .22s and shotguns, and there isn't much in the way of squirrels. for anyone who hasn't tried this kind of stock you owe it to yourself to. i never liked the A2 stock, this thing however feels great! i like that it has a comb like a bolt rifle.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

looks nice but I would rather have a solid stock .Do you have a after market trigger on it to.Nice camo job!

#4 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:55 PM

not yet, i had my smith tune up the stock GI trigger, which i know is a no-no but that's how it stands now. it's tuned down to about 3.5lbs. i tried to like the A2 stock but it was a no go. i took it out today and got 3 ground squirrels, missed 2, and then called it a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users