#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

On e-bay Bushnells are going for under $200. Nikons under $300. Which one should I get? Whoever picks the right answer can buy one for me. :)

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,157 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

Dale and I both have Leica's. I used several different models and that's why I have the 1200 Scan. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

Iron Worker I've got a pair of Bush Bino rangefinders that have served me well and as John said I've got a set of Leica 1200's which work very well at longer distance than I care to shoot.. Get the one's that work for you. I've heard guys praise the Nikons too. I'd go to the store and try them all if I was you. dale
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:55 PM

Just save your nickels until you can get a Leica. JMHO, after having a bushnell 400 and a Leica 1200. the Bushnell wouldn't give a range past 275 on a tin barn. The Leica has done 1100 yds off a bush on a WY hill.:) LEICA!!! :DYeah, I know they cost more.Gary

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 coolvarmint

coolvarmint

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Killing Varmints

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:31 AM

If your into spending big dollars the long long range guys swear by the new Swarovskis, but I know the Leicas have been the rangefinder of choice until the new Swarovski. Both are pretty high dollar. Just like 17 shooter said start saving your nickels. :) Scott

#6 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:44 AM

Walmart has the Bushnell 400, 800, and Scout for decent prices. Go try them out. I recently purchased the 800 from Natchez Shooting Supplies for $178 plus shipping. That's almost half retail price and about $75 cheaper than Walmart. The monocular is not very bright, but I have been ranging stuff out to 500 and 600 yards without any problems. For the price, I think it's a good deal.

#7 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:50 AM

Great! A new toy to add to my wishlist!Leica LRF 1200 Rangemaster RangefinderLooks to be the best price I can find it on the net = $479.98.Whatever you set your sights on - the far end of a clearing, extensive construction projects or the green at the far end of the fairway - the laser rangefinder from Leica tells you precisely how far away you are from your target. Additionally the bright radiating search optic doesn't let you be with progressive dawn in the dark grope and it is a high-quality Monocular. Particularly interesting for many applications: the multiple mode of the Rangemaster. If two objects are differently far away in the sights on area, the distances are successively displayed. LEICA LRF 1200 RANGEMASTER With its great range of 1200 yards (1097 m), this Leica laser rangefinder establishes an entirely new class of performance. Optically and mechanically it is based on the proven LEICA LRF 800 RANGEMASTER, but its electronics are of an entirely new design. The extended range is ideal for orientation in the wide terrain and on the high seas. Field of view 120m/1,000 m (360 ft at 1,000 yds) at 8 x In addition, its stronger laser beam also provides even more accuracy, even under unfavorable circumstances, like rain, haze or strong sunlight. Thus it is now possible to determine the exact distance to the target, even in poor viewing conditions. Specifications:Maximum range 1.097m/1200yds Nearest range approx. 10m/33ft Measuring accuracy +/-1yd up to 437yds, +/-2yds up to 874yds, +/-0.5% beyond 874yds Magnification 7x Front lens diameter 21mm Field of view 112m/367ft Optional meter or yard readings yes Diopter adjustement range +/4 diopters Dimensions (h x w x d) 120 x 105 x 40mm 4 3/4 x 4 1/8 x 1 9/16in Weight with/without battery 320g/280g 11 1/4oz ; 9 7/8oz

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:27 AM

One thing to add here. I bought the camo model from Leica though I don't think they make it anymore. Note to self: Don't buy a camo one because if you set it down and walk away they're really hard to find. :)

Time waits for no one--

#9 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:40 PM

Thanks men for your help! Ok just got off the telephone with a gun shop.They said what ever yardage that its rated for,it against a Tin barn! So if its for our hobbie we need to get one rated twice the distance we think were going to shoot. I can't ever see my self shooting past 600 yds.Gun Shop said I should get a 1500 yd model. Is he right? Now were talking big bucks. Might have to take up bad mittion after all. <_<

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:49 PM

Leica's 1200 Scan is the closest you'll get as it's 1200 yards. Awesome instrument. <_<

Time waits for no one--

#11 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

Well Its too late I made a bid on a Nikon Monarch 800 before i spoke with a sales person and recieved input from you all. I won the bid for $288.00.I'll hope for the best.SWFA has the same thing for $350.00.Oh and mine is new in the box.

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

Nikon grinds great glass. I buy their scopes and lens for my Nikon cameras. <_<

Time waits for no one--

#13 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:34 AM

I got the Nikon 400 for a birthday present this year. It is very sharp an gives fast feedback. I am happy with it. Now you need to find someone to buy you one. B) Tell everyone you know that your birthday is coming up, cuz it will be eventually. :blink: db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:10 PM

Now you need to find someone to buy you one. :P Tell everyone you know that your birthday is coming up, cuz it will be eventually. :blink:

The person doing the buying always seems to be me. Does that birthday thing really work? If so my birthday is 00/00. Oh never mind, my wife says I have everything already. B)

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users