#1 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

I have a Standard that the front sight is off. It shoots high and I think I'm going to start cutting it down. Has anyone here ever done this? I have used white-out on it but it wears off too fast. After shooting another gun that has sights that were dead on a 30 yds (all ten in the inside ring) I need an accurate gun.Anyone done this? Were you happy with the way it finished out?

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

I tweaked the sights a bit on the Heritage Rough Riders. That is normal for them.

I'm an airgunholic

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

If it shoots high you would need to add to the front sight or lower the rear. it sounds like someones already cut the front down. I dont have a standard to compare from but my wife shoots a a MK1 and its front sight is removeable. check closely to see if yours is and how it comes off. DRhttp://shopruger.com...ductinfo/61015/

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:41 AM

Are you using the correct sight picture?Attached File  Pistol_sight_picture.png   3.92KB   9 downloads

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

Try some different bullet weights. My .44 shoots higher with heavier bullets, lower with lighter bullets. It seems backwards but an old timer told me that the recoil from the slower/heavier bullets cause the gun to start moveing upwards before the slug has left the barrel. I don't know how true that is but it seems to be a reasonable explanation.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users