• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

On the Talon forum some folks including me have been experimenting with the Surefire slugs I mentioned in previous posts but others are now having the best accuracy with .25 ACP (.251) 50 grain cast bullets that are sized to the particular Condor Lothar Walther barrels. Of the three guys testing them two are getting Under 1 MOA groups at 100 yards and the third guy is getting there as well. That is the best solid bullet performance we have seen to date. RCBS, Lyman, and others make the .25 ACP molds and Lee will do custom sizing dies for $30 each. They are shooting them up to 1000 fps for about 110 fpe. The sizing is critical for accuracy. THe harder casts 12 BHN seem to be working better.Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm an airgunholic

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

From the horses mouth. He has them going a little faster now for about 121 FPE. http://www.network54...th cast bullets

I'm an airgunholic

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Half of those bullets weren't cast hot enough. All of the surfaces should be nice and sharp not rounds as some are in that picture.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

Half of those bullets weren't cast hot enough. All of the surfaces should be nice and sharp not rounds as some are in that picture.

He commented about the early ones in the picture being bad and even out of round slightly. He is trying to improve them and is getting a sizing die made. I slugged my barrel and our two barrels are nearly identical including the choke diameter so I am hoping to get some of his casts when he gets them working well so he can offset some of his costs.

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users