2 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

The price of Winchester Lead Free "Tinman" bullets is rather steep.Now add in a fair measure of spread at 50 yards...Where is the breaking point to leave my 22 LR behind when hunting in the Condum Zones and opt out for air rifles?I've got the 22-250 to do my nasty work...but the close up and personal shots may now be in the air territory?What do you think guys...am I throwing good money after bad with these 3" group (at 50 yards) Tinman bullets? :rofl2:

#2 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:25 AM

I tried the Win Tin .22LR bullets on ground squirrels last year. In addition to being inaccurate, they do not expand very well. I shot ground squirrels several times in vital areas and it didn't put them down. So save your money. I prefer .17 HMR with NTX bullets or .22 WMR with TNT Green.

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

two of my guns will shoot Win Tins well enough to hunt with. under 2" at 60yds. Ive shot enough squirrels with them that Ill stick with them till something better comes along or I can move out of this crazy state. I do agree thatan airgun is probably a good alternative. but the springer air gun I tried is actually louder than my 22.DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users