• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Well I finally decided to join the AR ranks, put a lower into jail today, out on the 10th. Thinking of ordering an upper from DTech in 25WSSM. Will post pictures as the build develops.

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

They're fun, just adult tinkertoys.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

Congratulations on getting your first lower!I have a D-Tech 243 WSSM Upper and it is a great coyote rifle.Have you checked out the D-Tech 6mm DTI and the 25 DTI uppers?
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#4 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

The lower went together pretty easy, used a Spike's Tactical lower, AR6-Stage collapsible stock, stainless steel lower parts kit, ordered a 25 wssm from D-TECH, a scope from Red, thinking of getting a 223 upper from Fuller.Attached File  1.jpg   14.65KB   9 downloads

#5 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Correction, not Fuller, Fulton, close but no cigar

#6 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

its addicting I have a few around in various stages of completion and a 308 fulton upper

#7 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

I know, already thinking of picking up another lower so I can have two when my upper from D-Tech comes home. I'm also thinking about the caliber of my next upper.

#8 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Still waiting for the upper from Fulton, boy the customer service from some companies is terrible, sometimes I wonder if they have repeat customers or just first time guppies. Pictures of the complete rifle as soon as I receive the upper.

#9 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

just finished up a new lower for my fulton 308 upper I didnt like the way the upper fit on the CMMG lower so I made a new lower and it seems to fit nice and tight so need to go test it now.

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

The AR thing is kinda like eating potato chips. Ya can't just have one. After all...when the Zombies come, ya have to be ready. :lol:
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#11 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Received my upper today, Fulton Armory match grade 20 inch 1 in 9 barrel, put the Hawke Sidewinder 30 4.5 x 14 scope ready to sight in. Here's a couple of pictures of the gun and one of my hunting dogs.Attached File  IMG_0726.jpg   39.03KB   8 downloads Attached File  5.jpg   29.83KB   9 downloads Attached File  IMG_0716.jpg   35.62KB   8 downloads

#12 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Nice set up, let us know how she does.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#13 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

My Boss and I went to the Tumey BLM area to shoot, Denise was shooting her 17 and I was shooting the AR, my Savage 223 and a Ruger 243. I can see a trigger in my future for the AR, best group at a 100 yds was a sorrowful inch and a half. I can't remember using a harder pull since Boot. The other two shot ok, I think the shooter needs more practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users