• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Broncowilly

Broncowilly

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, collecting/restoring military vehicles and military firearms collecting.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

Folks, years ago I built a custom AR 15 on an Olympic Arms Super Ultra Match (SUM) Service Match Rifle platform. The work I did at Lassen College with help from Bob Chavez. This is a true tack driver!Posted ImageThis picture is of a test grouping at 100 yards on an envelope. Posted ImageThis is a rifle target that I shot at 100 yards. Posted ImageThe front sight/gas block is attached with allen head set screws. Note the gap between the sling swivel mount and the gas block. The barrel is free floating.Posted ImageThe front sight pin is filed down and wedge shaped.Posted ImageThe barrel shroud is a piece of schedule 80 pipe machined for the gas tube and attachment of the sling swivel and bayonet lug.Posted ImagePosted ImageThe barrel nut is silver soldered to a second threaded tube that mates with the barrel shroud and Loctite 271 was used to lock it together.Posted ImageThe rear sight is all custom, collared and machined with threads to achieve 1/4 moa clicks.Posted ImagePosted ImageAnd the but contains a 3.5 pound lead weight for stabilization. Overall the rifle weighs in at 16.2 pounds.Posted Image
Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are, and I am a genius. Why you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users