5 replies to this topic

#1 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

I was looking for a P38 and think I found one AC '42. What should I be looking for and what is a good price range for one with import marks, but all other marks intact? Thanks,Bruce

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

There is an episode of "Sons of Guns" where a guy brings in two guns that he thinks are P-38s but the shop owner shows him that one actually isn't a real P-38. I think it had mostly to do with the frame and grips. I think it was the "meat chopper" episode.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

I would take what RJ owners say, and a dime and still not have enough to buy a cheap cup of coffee. I hate that show and dont watch it, dont want to give the network any reason to re-up that crap show. LOLClampdaddy, thanks for the info anyhow...any good squirrel kills lately? Still trying to get up there with the boy. You down to go in the next few sundays?

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

I don't like to go shooting in the hills during the deer archery season. I hate it when I'm bow hunting and hear someone shooting. I'm in serious bird hunting mode mode right now. Sure wish work didn't get in the way so much. :roflmao3[1]:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#5 DesertDog

DesertDog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, my boss is a real a-hole, I hate when work get in the way of my fun. I dont shoot during archery season, but isnt it over mid-sept? Or did you mean you dont shoot at all during deer season?

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

I meant bow season but the only shooting I'll do during deer season is at a deer or maybe a big gray for the pot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users