Photo

Is it a Trad Bow or a Training Wheel Bow Kill?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

So,Me and some of my south Georgia friends are wondering about this guy who most people make out to be a hog/deer trad killer hero of sorts. Funny thing is he always makes these kills when he is by himself. No one else around. Could he be using a compound bow and claiming kills as traditional bow kills? This is from another forum that I have some friends on and it just stinks to high heaven.Any thoughts? :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,962 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

If the guy is lying why stop at suggesting a compound. Maybe he is using a rifle. But I don't know the guy just have had people like him in the past. We had the guy who shot the state record mule deer with a bow on here and it turned out he bought both of his kills on ebay. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Shooter that's funny! Now you can get a kill off of eBay! :smiley-funny-post-sign: Well, I'm not sure what he's using. Just seems odd always makes a bunch of kills compared to everyone else in that neck of the woods where I grew up. And as someone pointed out, he's always by himself never with anyone when he does make a kill. When he hunts with hunting buddies he never makes a kill......just smells fishy.

#4 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

Where can I find this bow hunting super star's posts that I may worship at his feet? :puke: From what you've described he sounds just like another 'Legend-In-His-Own-Mind' character who went by the handle "PCH".This archery guy doesn't call himself "Professional Bow Hunter" by any chance, does he? :)
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#5 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Sounds like thumper..Just kidding, Ive saw him kill things with his stick and string... Some peaple were taught to when and it dosnt matter how you play aslong as you when.. Or having to kill a deer on a deer trip instead of ejoying the whole trip..
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Is he getting those animals in California? Rifle hunters have a hard time getting deer here. Have any one seen the animals after they was skinned ? big diferance in wounds. Bullits makes big bruzes and torn up tissues.Broadheads make nice clean cuts, sometimes real big cuts. But the lungs heart liver will not be all mush like a bullit wound. ( internet pictures and books Mine have never been close to a deer or pig.) Get us some pictures. Back east theres tons of guys that get lots of pigs and lots of deer with thier trad bows ,theres just more pigs and deer. Way diferant than out here. Componds are realy not that much more efective than a long bow or recurve you still need to get close. And to hit your target all the time you still need to practice. Too often Trad bow snobs get like those flyfishing snobs and think thats the only way to do it. I would like to see the pictures.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

... Too often Trad bow snobs get like those flyfishing snobs and think thats the only way to do it. I would like to see the pictures.

Hey, Thumper! I've been flyfishing for over forty years and I have not hooked a deer yet.
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#8 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

"""Fly fishing sobs""" Last time I tie you a striper fly....Your getting a bass in your sushi pond. :) :puke: :puke: Next time we go hunting you can carry your frozen squirrels and that frozen yote you shoot over and over...
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#9 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:10 AM

Thanks for your input guys. Thumper I'll send you some pics. Just stinks to high heaven when one makes kills when no one else is around. He makes his kills in Georgia on his fathers property as well as a friends property. Yes there are more deer/hogs out there and more public land to hunt. I think this guy is either baiting them or using a compound eh..he started hunting with compound about 10 yrs ago and now only shoots trad. Anyway, thanks for input guys.

#10 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

I think theres a good chance thats he's realy is getting them with trad. Geargia ,Fathers ranch! sounds very posible. Maybe his buddies are just bad hunters ,noisy, bad shots and just go hunting for the beer. He might be out there every day chasing those pigs. Trad geer or compound you still need to get within forty yards or closer.Sounds like you might be a bit jealous.Compounds are not the miracale bows that lot of people think you still need to know how to shoot. They might have sites and let off but so what. All my bows have sites they just do not look like sites . Stopping ,starting to rant.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#11 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Thanks Thumper. Not jealous, just this guy puts down others for not getting as high a quota of deer/hogs that he gets. You could be right on all points. Maybe his buddies do go for the beer drinking. Well, with that said, just have to see how this year pans out for most. Thank you again my friend.

#12 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

Like the (very) old saying goes... "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't". And like many old sayings, there is usually a whole lot of truth in them. Also, I can understand slaying a few(?) or so without any "proof", but not a LOT of animals, especially when something is so far out of the ordinary. Remember Kurt Darner? A Google search will tell his (real) story. I had his book for many years until the truth came out about him, & then I tossed the book. It was actually a good book too IMO. One of his (many) problems was there were no actual hunting pictures of him in the field with ANY of his freshly killed giant bucks. That always bothered me, but I must've kept shrugging it off at the time?Maybe this Georgia guy is on the up and up... or maybe NOT. I'll wager NOT, Thank You Very Much. But not very much $. LOLFrank

#13 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

If he's getting way more than other hunters that are using other stuff than trad somthings fishie. I want to see some of the animals.

#14 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

Sent some pics Thumper. Frank think you are on to something.

#15 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

training wheel you think it is that easy with compounds if so try it.Either type of bow it is a challenge you still have to get close to them.I can believe he gets the kills big private ranch with a lot of game that his family hunts with out pressure.

#16 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

He may be arrowing the day or night over bait since it is on his families ranch.. Who's to know...
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#17 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

SportyG what do you mean by arrowing over bait? I have heard of baiting deer but hogs? Wonder what he baits them with if that is what he's doing. Hmmm...well, glad for everyone's input. Does give food for thought. Good luck everyone on your hunts this year! :roflmao3[1]:

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

Lots of states allow baiting of hogs just not California. Plain old shucked corn is an excellent bait. When the hogs come in they setup and shoot them.

Time waits for no one--

#19 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

How many animals and how much time. One every day once a month ?

#20 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Seen the pics Rifle shots from a tree stand or somthing. IMO

#21 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

post a link to the site .

#22 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Okay here's the pics I sent Thumper. Guy has killed three hogs in last two months. He claims five but never saw those pics.Attached File  1.jpg   22.32KB   5 downloads Attached File  2.jpg   24.59KB   4 downloads

#23 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Well, if the guy is hunting PRIVATE land over BAIT, then that is definitely a different story. I mean, compared to PUBLIC land, that would be like shooting fish in a barrel. My 7 yr old grandson can do that.No different really than with most game animals. Private vs Public is NOT a level playing field. I am ALWAYS amused when so many sportsman give such HIGH praises to those individuals slaying LOTS of &/or HIGH quaility animals on private land. I mean COME ON... REALLY?? Obviously these (other sportsman) have never hunted good private lands. Or they were LOUSY private land, and then why even bother?Hmmmmm, I think I may have just lost my wager (above)? Lucky, I didn't bet much. LOLFrank

#24 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

I think that guy is using a gun not an arrow.

Time waits for no one--

#25 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

I don't see any holes on the 2 on the left?

#26 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Sorry don't have another pic of that one Shoot-it.....here is another pic of the other hog. If it helps. You guys have given some good insight.Thanks again!Attached File  1.jpg   8.3KB   4 downloads

#27 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Those wild hogs are sure ugly or is it just me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users