5 replies to this topic

#1 nono

nono

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

what does "closed to all shooting except shotguns firing shot no larger than 1/2 the diameter of the bore" mean?

#2 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Nominal bore dia of a 12ga is .730", this means you cannot use shot larger than .365" dia in a 12ga. 000 buckshot is .360" so you are good with any shot pretty much.A .410 shotgun cannot shoot any thing larger than .205" shot, or T-shot which is .200" dia.This rule just pretty much means NO SLUGSHere is a pellet size charthttp://www.wilsonpre...m/shotinfo.html
Hic Ego Statio

#3 nono

nono

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

thanks that was very helpfull

#4 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

You must of been looking up a DFG wildlife area, or the Cleveland NF.

#5 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Some BLM land has the same rule. Shotgun only with shot no larger than half the bore dia. Barstow and Lucerne are this way.
Hic Ego Statio

#6 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:00 AM

Most all of San Bernardino county's inhabited areas are this way, all of Los Angeles county is this way, and the Western end of Riverside county is this way during certain times of the year.I dislike Riverside county's wording on the east vs west. It's confusing to most who read it. LA county hasn't put out a map in more than a decade, so you are testing your luck there. I like the new San Bernardino county map. It gives a pretty clear view of what can and can't be done when it comes to rifle/shotgun and even night hunting zones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users