4 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

Has anyone used the Wildfire a new e-caller from foxpro. It looks like an upgraded spitfire.

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:53 AM

Yeah, it does look like an upgraded Spitfire to me also. Believe that's what their website also says?What is semi funny to me is, the primary upgrade was the increase in volume, which is the first thing they say on their website & was my gripe with the ($199) spitfire, which I also own.I bought their SP55 external speaker for $55 which increased the volume. I was not using my spitfire without this external speaker as the volume was just too low. Obviously Foxpro knew this &/or heard these gripes & why the wildfire was created. May want to shop around... E bay, ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM, Cabelas etc. May find a good deal on a used foxpro even if it needs re-programmed for sounds you like. Foxpro used to have 2nd hand E callers for sale, but believe they no longer do? Their discountinued 416 (& one I have) is an awesome caller. High quality($$$) parts (& why they discontinued per foxpro), high volume, very light weight & LONG battery life, makes this a GREAT call. May be semi hard to get though & holds only 16 sounds. About 10 more than I need. LOLGood LuckFrank

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

Yeah Frank, the lil 416B was a great caller. I bought one from a member here, and it was amazing how well it worked. I prolly got 4 weekends of hunting a month out of it, and never did kill the batteries.. I just replaced them cus I though it was time. Now using an FX5 my only thoughts are, that with the new propritory sound format from Foxpro Id want to be able to upgrade/change sounds as wanted/needed without having to send it in. I doubt that I would purchase a call that I couldnt add my own sounds too now. But you are right, the lil 416 was a Gem. To the OP... good luck with your call.

#4 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

:) Hey, Ornery, I'm curious. Is there some difference between the FX5 and an FX3 that prevents one from loading his sounds directly onto the FX5 without sending it in? I use an FX3 and, besides a bunch of proprietary Foxpro sounds, I also have some MP3 sound files that I created myself and some that were free downloads. I store my collection of sounds on my computer and can change up the playlist on my FX3 whenever I want. It takes a few minutes but it beats sending my caller out to get that done. :cheers: Technically, I suppose I could even load an MP3 copy of an Obama or Pelosi speech onto my caller and play that full volume but I couldn't pull the trigger on any predator that charged in looking for blood from such a sound anyway. :roflmao3[1]:

#5 James

James

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, it does look like an upgraded Spitfire to me also. Believe that's what their website also says?What is semi funny to me is, the primary upgrade was the increase in volume, which is the first thing they say on their website & was my gripe with the ($199) spitfire, which I also own.I bought their SP55 external speaker for $55 which increased the volume. I was not using my spitfire without this external speaker as the volume was just too low. Obviously Foxpro knew this &/or heard these gripes & why the wildfire was created. May want to shop around... E bay, ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM, Cabelas etc. May find a good deal on a used foxpro even if it needs re-programmed for sounds you like. Foxpro used to have 2nd hand E callers for sale, but believe they no longer do? Their discountinued 416 (& one I have) is an awesome caller. High quality($$$) parts (& why they discontinued per foxpro), high volume, very light weight & LONG battery life, makes this a GREAT call. May be semi hard to get though & holds only 16 sounds. About 10 more than I need. LOLGood LuckFrank

Thanks Frank.............I have been using the spitfire for over a year I was just wondering if the step up would be worth it..........Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users