6 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:20 AM

I was looking at red field scopes on optic planet and they seem to be nice for the price.they have good reviews plus they are made by Leopold now and have the same warranty.so does anyone have any experience with them? what's your thoughts etc......

#2 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

Shoot-it I picked up the Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Riflescope for my shotgun for shooting slugs, it is a nice scope with good eye relief.I didn't do enough reseach on pricing before going to the gun shop, S%&#... I could have saved about 50 bucks. I should I purchased it from online.I have about 50 rounds thru it without losing zero, the gun kicks like a mulegood luck with your choice

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

Is it pretty clear?I plan on using it for a shotgun then switching it to a rifle later.it should hold up fpr a few shotgun slug rounds. do you have the accu range.http://www.opticspla...ge-reticle.htmlthanks for the reply I do appreciate the feed back.Don't feel bad I payed to much before to on my vx1 Leopold from a gun shop it happens but we learn as we go we are only human.

#4 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

clear, yesI have the accu range for my shotgun and it is overkill but for dual purpose mounting on a rifle it would be great.With rifled 12 slugs at the range of 200 yards total drop was 7-8 inches but zeroed at 150 yards the total Trajectory is less than 3.0 inches.that's why I think accu range is overkill for slug shooting onlyI agree on the live and learn theory, my 2 cents

#5 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

check this site out. copy & paste to web brouser.. I don't know how to make it shorter?http://www.google.co...ed=0CHsQ8wIwBA#

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Still waiting for the scope to come in 4x12x40 accue range can't wait to see how it looks.

#7 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

I bought a 2x7 with the accurange reticle and I'm very happy. I also own a Leupold VX1. I think the optics in the Redfield are much better than the Leupold. And the accurange is dead on. I sighted in at 200 yds and then aimed at an iron target at 400 yds. Rang the gong all four times I shot at it.Good stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users