5 replies to this topic

#1 Kalvinc

Kalvinc

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Ok so I just moved here in May after choosing orders to NAWS CHINA LAKE. I am still trying to figure out the crazy laws for this state...in Oklahoma you get 6 tags over the counter and there is none of this drawing stuff......except for special hunts on government property. First off, what zone is chimney peak in? It looks like it is in x-9c but I really can't tell....Do you have to draw for archery tags for premium zones? If so, is there any good hunting around Ridgecrest that you don't have to draw for (for archery or rifle)?

#2 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

1st off you missed the draw for prem. hunts here in Ca. Draw is in early June. General tags you can buy over the counter along with your hunting lic. You can buy only up to ywo deer tags. Don't know about Chimmney Peak never hunted tha area. However you are near some good hunting for zone D8. for better info go the the dfg web site. You should still be able to get non draw tags.www.dfg.ca.gov
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#3 Kalvinc

Kalvinc

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

Thanks, I'm aware that I missed the drawing for premium tags but I was unsure if you had to draw for a premium tag when you are using archery. What areas are there to hunt in D8? Just a place that I can start looking at?

#4 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

Do some research.

#5 Kalvinc

Kalvinc

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Super input, thanks...alot

#6 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

D-zones have an early archery season Aug 20-Sep 11, and then a General season Sep 24-Oct 23. "General season" means ANY LEGAL method of take, though most people call it "rifle season" for some reason.Cant tell you specific spots, but I would start with a Sequoia National Forest map. I have not Deer hunted there, but I do a lot of small-game, Quail, and fishing up there.(7) Zone D-8.(A) Area: In those portions of Fresno, Kern and Tulare counties within a line beginning at the intersection of Highway 99 and the Kings River; upstream and northeast along the Kings River through Reedley, Piedra and Pine Flat Reservoir to the junction of the Middle and South Forks of the Kings River; northeast along the Middle Fork Kings River to the Dusy Basin Trail; east along this trail to the Kings Canyon National Park boundary at Bishop Pass; south along the Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park boundaries to the Main Kern River; southeast along the Main Kern River and the common boundary between the Inyo and Sequoia National Forests to the end of the Chimney Meadow-Blackrock Station Road (Forest Road 21S03) near Blackrock Mountain; southeast along the Chimney Meadow-Blackrock Station Road through Troy Meadows to the South Fork of the Kern River; south along the South Fork of the Kern River to the Doyle Ranch Road; south along the Doyle Ranch Road to Highway 178 in the town of Onyx; southwest along Highway 178 to Highway 99 at Bakersfield; north along Highway 99 to the point of beginning.(B ) Season: The season in Zone D-8 shall open on the fourth Saturday in September and extend for 30 consecutive days.(C ) Bag and Possession Limit: One buck, forked horn (See subsection 351(a)) or better, per tag.(D) Number of Tags: 8,000.
Hic Ego Statio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users