5 replies to this topic

#1 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Been on the run lately but found some time to make up some new KHornets with 34gr "Dogtown" pills on top of 12gr mil surp WC820 powder (H110 data) with CCI 400 lighters. Don't know when I'll get the chance but will let you know how they group with pics to back up the windage. Soon I hope.......Attached File  100_0090_1.JPG   34.14KB   10 downloads

#2 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Sorry, but no groups to show as I haven't been able to make it out to the range which is 1 hr away but managed a little time at a friend's almond grove. Started with the tried and true KHornet loads of 12gr H110 data milsurp powder under 37gr Calhoon pills. CCI 400 lighters. Drilled 17 almond gourmets before the wife got antsey and wanted to get back to "work". With a bit of sweet talk I convinced her to hold just a few allowing me to try one of the "new arrivals" on one of those "35 lb crop buckets" (according to Hog). One shot-one kill! Caught this little darlin in the shoulder at about 30 deg angle at POA ranged 123yds and turned him over to show exit of the Dog Town pill. This though my Cooper M38 Varmiter (no longer produced) in spite of the fact that I did no sighting prior to the lethal shot. Very unusual for a small capacity cartrige. Very happy at this point and hoping group results off a good solid bench will keep me that way. Pic of Mr. Unlucky..........Attached File  100_0091_2.JPG   49.54KB   10 downloads

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

Very nice little cartridge. What distances are shooting with it?
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#4 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Usual 100-200 yrds max. Beyond that out comes the .223 if not sooner. All the best and good shootin to ya :dead horse: bisley11

#5 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

nice to see another madera shooter

#6 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:52 AM

The little K Hornet is a fun round. Ive only used Lil Gun in mine. May have to open that Jar of 110 and give it a try! Good shootin!
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users