5 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

I shot these groups about 30 minutes ago before it got dark I could not believe my eyes.I am over Hornady published loads for the other 139 gr bullet so I will not post the powder on the forum but private message me and I will tell you the powder.My col is standard 3.250 these bullets are longer so the first ring is showing.Remington 700, 7mm Rem mag, leupold vx11Posted Image

#2 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

Glad to hear it as I am a HUGE fan of Hornady. I had results close, but not quite that well with the .243. Didn't get as lucky with the 06. OK, actually I didn't put all that much effort into it to be fair as I have no patience for non-lead bullets. I may give it a fair try again one day, who knows. As I said, glad to hear you had great success, and even more glad to hear you had great success with a non-barnes bullet :good:

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:41 AM

I have 3 Boxes of the 80 GMX for the .243. Need to try and find a load for that. Good shooting with your 7Mag!
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

Are you boys SURE it ain't because it's a R E M I N G T O N ? :D :lol: Hey, just inquiring minds and all. :good: :D Nice job Shoot-it... Way to go with the non lead cxxpFrank

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

I knew you would like that frank.I like this rifle came with a Monte Carlo stock and has a re worked trigger not to heavy just right for me.A Friend said it's to mushy and he can't feel it break .It works for me I don't plan on shooting bench competition with it just big game........... :roflmao3[1]:

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

I have 3 Boxes of the 80 GMX for the .243. Need to try and find a load for that. Good shooting with your 7Mag!

I got real lucky first go around, my Howa liked H4895 (41gr worth) loaded about .10 off the lands (I think, know it wasn't real far back) first time out. I would like to try Varget (one of my personal favorites) one day soon, but as I said, I just can't get excited about trying to find a "great" non-lead load. I will settle for 1" to 1-1/2" out of it for now. Maybe one day when the price comes down like we were promised I may put more effort into it. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: We were promised they would be as cheap as lead one day, right? :roflmao3[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users