16 replies to this topic

#1 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Just an update on my 75 CJ5...Put on a new Carb on it..a Weber 2 bbl..was able to get rid of all the smog crap on it and the carb provides a much more responsive engine...runs greatGot new All Terrains..not what I wanted but all I could afford..four brand new Falken Wild Peak 33" tires from the 'hood in Stocktone..$620 installed at the corner on Stanislaus/MLK...just barely survived!Installed a pair of Stainless Steel Disc brakes on the front and they rock!...The drums were crappy and one of the wheel cylinders was leaking..the new brakes were somewhat painless to install and the difference is night and day...Jeep stops on a dime now.Went out spotting for Coyotes and saw a few...will take my rifle next time..Almost ready for deer hunting season!

#2 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

:signgreatreport3kg:

#3 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Posted ImageNew Carb- 2 bbl WeberPosted ImageNew Falken Wild Peak ATsPosted ImageStainless Steel Brake Corp..Disc brakes..these things rock!Posted ImageI need to work on the winch, and paint..

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

Good looking CJ!!

#5 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

Nice outfit. Keep after it.

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

That's a sweet rig. You are so lucky it's a 75 because you can plop that Weber on it without the smog Nazis :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: attacking. My Jeep is an 81 and in order to get rid of the %&%@ electronic carb, I had to install Mopar multi-port fuel injection so the Jeep could pass the smog check. The Weber would have been a whole lot cheaper. Best of luck with your rig and remember....the mods never stop...LOL

#7 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hi Red, is your jeep still in CA?

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hi Jim.....Yup, it's still here and so are we...unfortunately. The housing market is very slow. I just repainted the girl and she is some kind of sweet looking.Posted Image

#9 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Come on Jim, you know you want to buy it.

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

Nawwww...Jim sports a Lexus hunt rig. He be stylin'. I have pretty much decided to keep the Jeep and flatbed her to Tennessee. I made the mistake of adding up all the receipts for work, modifications and upgrades I have had done on her. I really don't think I could part with my baby. She has pulled me through deep soft sand and rocky gulches and always brought me home. It runs strong and silently. I'm keeping her.

#11 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

I am interested but it would be a guns/money deal. Red, any chance of that?

#12 Big Thunder

Big Thunder

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

[quote name='cc987' date='Aug 3 2011, 09:01 PM' post='232388']Just an update on my 75 CJ5...Put on a new Carb on it..a Weber 2 bbl..was able to get rid of all the smog crap on it and the carb provides a much more responsive engine...runs greatGot new All Terrains..not what I wanted but all I could afford..four brand new Falken Wild Peak 33" tires from the 'hood in Stocktone..$620 installed at the corner on Stanislaus/MLK...just barely survived!Installed a pair of Stainless Steel Disc brakes on the front and they rock!...The drums were crappy and one of the wheel cylinders was leaking..the new brakes were somewhat painless to install and the difference is night and day...Jeep stops on a dime now.Went out spotting for Coyotes and saw a few...will take my rifle next time..Almost ready for deer hunting season![/quotegood looking jeep i have the same tires on my 05 gmc and hate them any kinda of mud and the clog up and do not grip there ok on dry hard roads have not had them in the snow yet there ok going down the road but other than that i wish i would have got what i wanted.maybe they will be better on a lighter rig as yours but though i would give you a heads nice jeep im looking for a jeep know

#13 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

Thanks Big Thunder..I havn't got stuck yet but havn't been in super deep mud..have had a bit in real loose dirt/sand, rocks and granite and they did real good...froze my ass off this past sunday Coyote hunting...gotta get my hearter fan hooked up..Replaced the stock ignition with HEI..replaced it myself and was shocked when it worked without a hitch...I put the gear drive from the old distributor onto the new one..

#14 SchonerTod

SchonerTod

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Awesome tires your running there I have them on my YJ and i love them. They are underrated but i have kept up with some of the more aggressive tires on the market. Good looking CJ btw.

#15 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thanks SchonerTod....I fixed my heater blower and put on my soft top...no more freezing!

#16 cc987

cc987

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Also fixed my winch and got a new cable...winch needed new solenoids, the old ones were shot and I put a new solenoid cover on....

#17 SchonerTod

SchonerTod

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Dont forget to bag the winch when its not in use. I know a lot of people who hate putting the covers back on their winch but a good bag can prolong the life of your winch by a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users