9 replies to this topic

#1 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

Our day started with a few minor hicups.My brother forgot to set his alarm the night before, he made to my house and we just started little late. No problem, I made good use of time and got gas for the boat checked trailer tire pressure just added a few pounds.Bait shop closed, no bait...Launched the boat out of Berkeley marina at abut 6:30am, went and got some fresh choives.The bay was bumpy and had some GPS issues with the radar unit..Moved CSer map data card to second GPS unit and we where off to the Salmon grounds.We headed out to Dux to meet the fleet of boats.Started trolloing about 8am for Salmon using FBR (green & pink) with chovies on downriggers at 35 to 50 ft fishing from 60 to 80ft of water. 2 drive by's and one stuck one....My brother (Rick) caught a real nice salmon 11am-ish, 28lbs-38" it ran my brother all around the boat and Dux, it was great. We tried hard to get a few more fish but the fishing gods said be happy with one Salmon today, finished fishing at 4:45pm and had a work call come in for help while out fishing. He had to wait til I was off the water to get some assistance. Got home cleaned the boat & fish. Bleed out at sea. Packed for work trip and went to bed.Salmon for dinner tonightAttached File  1.jpg   14.05KB   14 downloads

#2 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

You kept that little thing? :drinks: Sounds like way too much fun. Hope you guys get a chance soon to get some more. The fishing bug is biting me real bad here lately and I after seeing those pics I am :smiley-birthday: .

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

YIKES... Now that's what I'm talking about... A REAL fish. Nice write up and pic... and obviously a great trip. Congrats & :smiley-birthday: Frank

#4 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Beautiful. I fished the South tower a month ago for stripers. Nothing. Small bottom fish and 2 small lings. Fished with the fleet off Angel island for halibut........saw one undersized fish caught by a party boat. Keeping the line wet is the secret I guess. Dux? is that off Bolinas? Looks like you're N. outside the Gate.

#5 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

I just need a few more trips out like that and it be a good year.Hog,yes at Bolinas, 10 miles up the coast N of Golden GateBisley,I always wish I was down your way to go fishing out of LA area down to San Deigo for T-shark, tuna, yellow tail, sea bass and lobster fishing thanks Frank, it was a good day out fishing

#6 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

I've made that run but its a haul in my Alumaweld. Fishing the Klamath later this month.

#7 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Nice fish! Way to go.

#8 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Nice Fish! Congrats.

#9 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Fishing shooting History and eating what I catch or shoot

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

Beautiful. I fished the South tower a month ago for stripers. Nothing. Small bottom fish and 2 small lings. Fished with the fleet off Angel island for halibut........saw one undersized fish caught by a party boat. Keeping the line wet is the secret I guess. Dux? is that off Bolinas? Looks like you're N. outside the Gate.

I used to fish the South Tower for stripers but I seem to remember they made the Tower off limits to all boats after 9/11/01. Have they loosened up or is my memory failing [even more]?

#10 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

they no longer have patrol boats. There are signs limiting distance and access. It would be good to head their warning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users