13 replies to this topic

#1 tchjts1

tchjts1

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

I just moved from CA to PA, but figured you guys would appreciate these vid clips. This is behind my brother's house in central PA.He puts out food scraps each evening for a pair of gray foxes. He let's me shoot everything else, but not the foxes. Using a .17 Mach 2 and have dispatched 1 skunk, 1 possum and 2 coons.This clip shows the female grabbing a mouthful of food to take back to her kits. In other videos we can see that her teats are full, so she probably has a couple back at the den.This is about 15 minutes after the above clip, and shows a fat-azzed coon raiding the food pile. I'll look for him next time with the .17The video clips are taken with a WildGame trail cam using (obviously) infrared. It does fairly well for $149 camera. The picture quality is excellent in both day and night mode, but sometimes doesn't seem sensitive enough with picking up movement. I'm surprised it activated to get the coon. Other times I have seen smaller animals there where it won't activate (Rabbits, possum).Here you can see the quality of the daytime video. 2 young bucks.... 4 point and a spike buck:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtDebQpoCQJeff

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

Which model Wildgame cam is that? Where did you get it? I think my wife will let me get the Mouitrie I-60 for $99.Thanks

I'm an airgunholic

#3 tchjts1

tchjts1

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

Which model Wildgame cam is that? Where did you get it? I think my wife will let me get the Mouitrie I-60 for $99.Thanks

I got it at Dick's Sporting Goods. The model is N8D although I cannot find it on WildGame's website for some reason.

#4 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

Tricked again, I thought this was another topic about celebrities Betty White and Tiger Woods. Gotta put better descriptions in the topic headings.

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

:smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :harhar1[1]: :014: :pot:

I'm an airgunholic

#6 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Looks more like a red than a gray. Taller than a gray would be and that tail screams red fox. Nice footage.

#7 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

I don't know, at first I thought Switch might be right. But the more I look at it, it just doesn't look like red fox to me. You tell me.............................Posted ImagePosted ImageI don't know............................... :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

Too bad they weren't a Megan Fox, then you could've bred them............. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :014: :harhar1[1]: Posted Image

#9 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

I'll take Megan Fox over Red Fox any day!

#10 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

I'll take Megan Fox over Red Fox any day!

How about the best of both worlds, a RED Megan Fox!!! Yummy :signlol2iu: Posted Image

#11 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

Wow! She was in some movie about robots or fighting or something but I don't remember the robots or the fighting.

#12 tchjts1

tchjts1

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

You guys crack me up. Excellent wit.But nah... it's a gray. Here is a daytime video taken with a crappy Coolpix camera by a brother with a not-so-steady hand:(The fox is eating sour cream and onion potato chips, BTW)We did unfortunately find 2 reds on the road, killed by cars about a week apart just below the house.

#13 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

Yep, you are correct sir. The night time footage looked like a red, but when i went back, I could see the tail strip which I originally missed, and the face markings. Still cool

#14 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

Cool stuff . And the pictures of the animals were good also.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users