• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

I finished another 17Mach2 for a friend. We relined an old 22 to 17M2 and refinished the stock. its a nice walnut stock that had been rode hard and put away wet. But its cleaned up well. when I funtion tested it I could cover three shots with a dime! DRPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

That came out nice.What brand of rifle is it and how did you convert it.

#3 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

Beautiful piece of work! Nice groups too. How many HM2s have you put together?

#4 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

Nice! I like my Mach ll much more than my 22. I just may have to go manage some diggers tomorrow.

#5 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm headed out in bout 30 min. Taking my HM2 and polenty of pills. Just can't help it with with all this kind of talk going on.... :welcomeani:

#6 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

This one started out as a JC Higgins version of the Marlin 80. but it had been rode hard and put away wet. this is my fourth 17M2. two with Green mountain barrels and two relined to 17. All of them shoot well but this one is the first to shoot that well the first three shots! this was a relining project. DR

#7 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Did you use the Green Mtn. barrels on 10-22 conversions. If so did you have any problems with em at first? Not with the barrels but with the actions. Have an old Stevens that my pop passed to me and seeing as you converted the JC am thinking I could do the same with the Stevens. Would have to find a good smith as I don't have the knowlege or skill to do it myself. Would like to do some woodwork on it too and would like to do a job like you did. The wood may not be as good as that of your JC but my old Stevens deserves the same treatment. Might you let us in on how you did it........ :welcomeani:

#8 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

Well........Got out this afternoon and almost got skunked. Had three shots with only one kill. I know it's not the rifle's fault. Must have been that darn humidity.... :welcomeani:

#9 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

I have a couple of friends who have built 17 22s. they have their problems. timing is an issue. and the pressure curve of the 17 bullits is right on the edge of whats possible for a blow back action. if you keep the chambers and barrels clean they work, but I like the bolt actions. they dont have any of the semi autos issues. do a search on Rimfire Central for the word "Kaboom", and you will lots of pics of 1722s with their magasines blown out the bottom of the gun. what kind of Stevens do you have to work with? if its single shot or box mag fed it can be done easily. Ive never tried a tube feed. DR

#10 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

DR...........Stevens M56. Box 5 shot magazine. No scope mount so will have to have that done too. Thanks for your interest. Pic of the rifle.......Attached File  100_0088_1.JPG   56.33KB   9 downloads

Attached Files

#11 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Theres no reason that couldnt work! send me a PM as I have most of the tools to do it, and can borrow the rest. DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users