#1 Tundra

Tundra

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hunting<br />Computers<br />Sports<br />Banjo pickin

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:36 PM

My old man would always say if he could have anything he wanted for dinner it would be partridge. It was really roughed grouse but thats what we call em in Wisconsin. Me, I always liked venison sliced thin and fried in butter until I had some dall sheep. Now I fry a little of that up every Sunday with my hash browns and eggs and it's about as good as it gets. Moose would probably be my burger of choice but dall is the best for steaks (and by far the hardest earned).So what's your favorite wild game and how do you usually fix it?

#2 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

I fell in love in So. Ga with Wild Hog ribs. I just couldn't resist them.And I still will never pass up a Wood Duck breast filet, sauteed in a frying pan with some butter, garlic, onion and some teriyaki sauce.
Tim LewisFoxPro Prostaff

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:56 PM

I'll take liver and some onions fried up for my favorite meat. For a bird I like quail or Blue Grouse. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

Oh man, have you ever had Elk Liver & Spanish Onions? It's pretty hard to beat that!I've only had it two times but Eland would be my favorite meat. Ox tail would be a close second.For birds I would have to go with Fruited Canada Goose. You stuff the goose w/ Canned Peaches w/ the nectar. Wrap tight in foil and bake.I'm getting hungry just reading this thread.

#5 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

Striper,Canada goose "" slow baked"", Deer backstap fried slow and eggs for breakfest. chicken fried deer stake. for din din. :lol: :lol: :) :lol: Deer staek fejeitas.Hot and spicyand greesy will tear your insides up allnight hart burn. and hot fiery farts. But you will keep eating them intell your bloated.Attached File  100_1896__Small_.jpg   83.05KB   48 downloads
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:42 AM

Blue grouse, Crawdads, ling cod ,striper or Albacore. any kind of wild red meat well maybe not coyote. [ NO LIVER OF ANY KIND] thats guts.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:27 AM

Dove or quail Kabobs. I posted a how I do it somewhere on here. I've gotten people to eat both with the bobs.Jason

#8 Tundra

Tundra

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hunting<br />Computers<br />Sports<br />Banjo pickin

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:00 AM

As far as fish... I don't care if I ever eat another salmon but if you get in between me and some good halibut yer in for a fight!

#9 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Sporting Clays.

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:38 PM

I'm an ungulate guy...specifically Elk, Moose and Mule Deer. I couldn't tell you how to prepare it as my recipes go as far as toast and top ramen. I leave the cooking business to the mother and grandmother.S&S
"Would you vote for a woman as unqualified as Barack Obama?" -Hillary Clinton-"The best thing about the cash for clunkers program was it got thousands of the Obama stickers off the streets.""Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -Mark Twain-

#10 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:55 AM

They have the $20 all-you-can-eat seafood buffet with whole Maine lobsters at Boomtown. I eat lobster until it hurts when I go there. :lol: Favorite meats/fish: Venison (just about anyway you prepare it), Lobster/Crab/Shrimp/Clams/Calamari (typical seafood), Striper, Halibut, Blue or Channel Catfish, & my all-time favorite fish, deep fried Crappie! Also, I recently had blackened alligator that I couldn't get enough of. I'd had it fried before, but blackened was WAY better.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#11 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:44 PM

Couple hours northeast of Sacramento on Interstate 80, just over the Nevada border, almost to Reno.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#12 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

MMMMMMM LOBSTER dipped in butter. KING crab legs dipped in butterMMMMMMMMMMMMM I know what I will be dreeming of tonight. :blink:
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#13 Youngster18

Youngster18

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:live in kern county and i cant get enough of predator hunting.

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

steak, ribs!!
Dont stop shoot'n until its done movin !!!!

#14 Wogg

Wogg

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

Geez where to start.....anything wild usually hits the spot. Elk for big game, Crawdads from my favorite lake on hwy 88, Fresh Striper from New Hogan, Smoked Honker. The list goes on and on.

#15 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

Venison backstrap, Wild Pig ham, spaghetti sauce with wild pig Italian sausage :angry: Now I made myself hungry......lets see what I have in the freezer !!!

#16 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

Oh hands down elk, in any way shape or form.. I like steaks, roasts, sausage, burger etc... Next would be deer burger and sausage, buit dont like whoel meat unless its a Calif deer. Where we hunt in Wyoming, Colorado etc. the meat gets a strong sage taste which I dont care for... But Calif deer taste real good as steaks :angry: then from there... most birds ;)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#17 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:05 AM

Grain fed Kansas whitetail. Preferably from a doe. Pheasant, prairie chicken, quail, chukar.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#18 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

Hogs fattened on barley :) Utah mule deer is purty hard to beat too

#19 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

The backstrap off of a midwest corn fed whitetail is hard to beat, but elk and moose is dam good. Waterfowl I'd have to give the Speckle Belly goose the top billing, but I sure like a teal or a corn fed mallard or a sprig too. Upland birds Mountain Quail are hard to beat but Hungarian Partridge,Sharptail Grouse and Chucker are really good too. Heck I like it all and love experimenting with new recipes and sauces. None of it goes to waste around here that's for sure.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#20 Rocketman

Rocketman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

ShooterJohn+1

#21 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

Dead and cooked! :blink: db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#22 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

From the ocean give me lobster, king crab and then dungeness crab. For fish I will take grilled fresh swordfish any day with garlic mashed potatoes on the side. 4 legged variety I will take moose or any mild venison. For birds there's is nothing better than ptarmigan but a close second is Hungarian partridge.
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#23 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:28 AM

I like surf & turf. Lobster, shrimp and King crab. Elk, wild pig, axis deer, white tail deer, dove, halibut and wahoo.

#24 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

Thresher steaks, lobster and axis or elk

#25 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

How about we bring this back up and hear from some of the newer people.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#26 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

I am with you John... Liver and onions. I will order this most of the time when we eat out,,,, because the wifeee can not stand to smell of this food from the Gods.Fish... I really like BBqued Baracuda. A very different taste after it is BBQued. Of course any Salt water bay bass. Deep fried in the wok with Continida bread crums applied just prior to deep frying. Sooo flakies.... just like some .....never mind. :roflmao3[1]: :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#27 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

For wild game I like chukar. Also usually do a quail feed once a year or so that is tough to beat, just more of a pain dealing with such a small bird. Maybe all the work it takes to chukar hunt makes them taste better!While I like most all venison, the difference between deer can be astounding. Nothing can beat a nice fat, alfalfa fed buck for taste. Granted, all the trophey bucks are going to be found way out in BFE, but they taste nasty compared to a a younger buck that has been living its whole life in a hay field :smiley-funny-post-sign:
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#28 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

I still favor elk but I will admit-- This years deer tastes real good as steak.. Leave in a few days to get 3 cow elk for our freezer.. Cant WAIT :smiley-funny-post-sign: Gonna have lots of yummy dinners :roflmao3[1]:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#29 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

+whatever on ELK! Hands down my personal favorite. A close second is the corn fed Wisconsin backstrap I had this year. Although the dear from Mendocino last year was pretty damn good too!You wanna get going on fish that I've caught Ling Cod is at the top of the list. Soaked briefly in a soy based marinade and grilled dry outside and moist inside!!!
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#30 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

Fresh Deer liver, elk stakes, Quail and pheasant,lobster and shark.. the liver tastes better over a campfire
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users