7 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

went up to BB to check on rental properties over the weekend and tried to get some fishing in but I had not seen a report from there in a couple of weeks . Of course I was unprepared for Trout to be up . Ran into the So Cal Carp Club . They had a tourney going on Sun , not sure what the winning fish was . But i went to the " cutoff " dam to check it out & it was slow . then all of a sudden 845am the trout starting biting everyone . Better sized fish 1 -1 1/2 # fish as opposed to Sun when I saw a 4-5" trout get pulled on . Also checked out Boulder Bay & the North side by the Dam and the shore guys were not getting anything I saw . But hope to go back this weekend & get a Trout or two . Trippy part was that their leaders were 20+" with maybe a 16 treble hook . Andy

#2 turkeyman85

turkeyman85

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

so north side was pretty slow? I was thinking about getting out there and taking a friend that hasnt trout fished in two years. And whats the "cutoff"? Is it the line streched across the water?

#3 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

Northside had campers , yep , campers all over it . The " cutoff " is the stansfield (?) cutoof to the East on BB blvd . then the next one is " Dividion rd " . Basically take BB Blvd E through town . Go past Moonridge / Garrison , past the Vons / StaterBros & when you see the Arco on the R , you want to make a Left . I maybe be up there Fri am , still thinking about it . But Sat N Sun after 9 or soo it gets PACKED with people & cars . Staying til Mon . Also bring a shotgun & check out the trap range . Not bad for $6.00 a rd . Rifle range fills fast , only 12 or so spaces . Most people were using a power bait of one sort or another . Andy

#4 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Did you see many Carp? Wondering if it is worth a trip up there to do some Bowfishing
Hic Ego Statio

#5 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

Yes I did . They were still all over the top of the lake everywhere I went . Jumping & fining until 9am when I left . I hooked a 2 , I suspect as my line took off at super speed , but broke my 6# instantly . Will be taking the 10 & poss 15# rigs . they did not look that big . largest jumper I saw was MAYBEEE 5#s . When the sun cam up I could see fish just under the surface with Polarized glasses & they looked bout the same , 15-20" in length . Dave : Did you get a boat when you came up ? Andy

#6 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Yeah Andy, a group of 6 of us went up there early last month and rented a pontoon. We had a great time stabbing the carp. The Tourny was 2 weeks after that and it was really slow. I guess it just has its good days and bad days just like any other type of fishing. What was the weather like up there?
Hic Ego Statio

#7 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

high 70's fri , 80/1/2 on sat n sun but we got t storms & a few small bouts of rain . it was humid sat n sun . Mon was much nicer . it was 71-73 in the house the whole time . doors / windows open or closed , 71-73 . I will let you know what its like fri . going up in the am . going to try to fish 8-930ish . Andy

#8 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:22 AM

Update ** Mon 8/1went too late on FRi . Poured off & on all Sat and Sun . People were still out there fishing . Mon got there , Stansfield cutoff , at 930 . After putting on Rainbow Powerbait , casted my line , I had my 1st Trout in 5 min . Re baited & cast . set out second pole . Within 10 min get another Trout . I did not see any other people bring in fish but I ended up with 4 Trout out of 5 hits in 1 hour . One of the fish must have been hit in the head when I casted it out . As soon as it hit the bottom , it took off . Wind picked up at 1030 also . Will be here through Tues . Will post pics after I get home , no cable up here . Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users