13 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

What do you guys think of this boot it is on sale and has alot of good reviews.http://www.cabelas.c...ch-Bargain Cave

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

The link is bad John, nothing shows.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

All I see is an empty shopping cart. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

how about now? I can see it.http://www.cabelas.c...ch-Bargain Cave

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

It looks allot like a Danner to me for a whole lot less money.

#6 pete

pete

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Construction, Water Polo, Swimming, Boat Building, Shooting.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

To be honest I wouldnt buy a boot online if I were you. Every single boot fits different. Youll be better off going to Big5 and getting some 6" hiking boots.Anouther thing I noticed on those is they have heels with ledges. Theyll get caught on roots and rocks more than boots with curved heels. Also since a lot of hunting is done off trail but not on rock climbs 9" boots will be a pain, something lower cut wil give more flexibility but still gives you support from twisting your ankles. And dont be afraid to look at "hiking boots" instead of "hunting boots", they are the same exept for the name and colors as far as function goes, but youll find a whole spectrum of better deals. And always remember WOOL socks.

#7 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

I have that same pair of boots. I like them alot and they are well-built, especially for the price.That being said, they don't keep my feet warm in cold conditions (i'm a wimp when it comes to my feet being cold) so just last night I ordered Cabela's 8 point boots with 1000 grams thinsulate. Hopefully those will work better. They were 77 bucks, shipping was 13. Good luck in your decision!

#8 pete

pete

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Construction, Water Polo, Swimming, Boat Building, Shooting.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

I also noticed it says its made of split grain leather. I would try to go for something like full grain or Nubuck. Split grain means that the leather has been shaved down to put suede on the inside and out, and is therefor less durable. Full grain and Nubuck retain more of the leathers natural thickness, but Nubuck will have the outside buffed to give the apperance of suede.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

That's probably one of the reasons they are priced at $69.99 or half the price of the Danner's. :drinks:

#10 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

If they are anything like the RedHeads that I have stay away. My toes go black and blue every time I hike in them.

#11 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

I don't want them insulated I am going to be hunting A zone in the heat.I am going to check out bass pro to.thanks for the help everyone. :653:

#12 Hipshot Percussion

Hipshot Percussion

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Bird Hunting- pheasant, Quail
    Bird dog training (two Brittany's)

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

Over the years I have had very good luck with Cabelas boots. Have not tried this particular model, however have purchased several of their upland bird boots and have been quite satisfied. They are light, especially climbing hills for quail and there great for those all day pheasant hunts.

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

I went to basspro today and tried on danner big horn boot.I really liked them they felt great so I bought them.

#14 assasin

assasin

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

i have had great lick with cabelas boots. i had a pair of hiking boots for almost 6 years of hard use. a long search for a new pair of hunting boot a couple years ago (lacrosse discontinued my fav syle) and trying many different ones on, i went with a cabelas woork boot the , roughneck s.a.w. I love them they dont gather mud bad, they are great scurying up granite and shale, all leather , and super athletic feeling which is nice when you are out of shape come hunting season like i normaly am. oh and they are gore tex witch is a must in my book... good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users