#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

Finally took my Air Arms S510 out today and got to do a little squirrel hunt with it. Went to a Raiths dads house and we took turns killing squirrels from 40 out to about 80 yards. The wind was blowing 5 to 12 mph from 3 o'clock making shots any farther hard to make for me. We both missed some shots today. I do not quite have all my hold overs and windage points figured out yet. We ended up killing only 9 squirrels, there was not to many out. It was still fun. Hope his dad gets his cat fixed soon so he can start disking it again. Shooting would have been a lot better with out all the weeds. May try some different pellets next time. I was shooting 18.1 JSB Exact Heavy pellets. They were plenty accurate, but went right through the squirrels. I am thinking a lighter softer pellets might diliver more energy when it hits home. What are your guys favorite pellets??? Here is a couple pictures I took today.Posted ImageCouple of ground rats.Posted ImageRaith and me with a squirrel I shot at about 80 yards.

#2 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

Nice shooting. I use Crossman Premiers (14 gr.) out of my RWS 48, and I use Kodiaks (21 gr.) out of my Marauder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users