• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

i already have a custom 2 that i absolutely love, light crisp trigger, smooth tight action, and it's a freaking tack driver! i've read some bad reviews on kimbers but after 3800 rounds through it with only 2 bobbles (and those where with HP's and it not being cleaned after 500 rounds of shooting) i'm not buying into the slander. so today when i was in the gun store i put some money down on a pro carry 2 in stainless. i've been wanting a commander sized 45 since buying my fullsize over a year ago. while i love the full size 1911, there is something about the shorter barreled commander that really appeals to me. now granted, the kimber is not a commander clone, but at least it's about the same size. i won't get it for another month as funds are tight and i have to keep the electricity on, but i figure a couple bucks down here and there and it'll be home in the safe so i can take it out and shoot it. what i like about these series of pistols is that they have a couple "extra" features without being too crazy. nothing against other 1911's but a lot of the stuff people do to them is not really my taste. and i would rather buy something that i add onto as opposed to taking stuff off of. here's a link.http://www.kimberame...ss-pro-carry-ii

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I just shot my buddy's new Kimber and they just feel and shoot better than a lot of guns. All three of my regular shooting buddy's now own Kimbers. It's on my list. I really like the Stainless Pro TLE II.

#3 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

there are quite a few quality 1911 manufactures out there, springfield is another great one. for my price range though kimber delivers what i want. it'd be nice to have an ed brown or something in that price range but i just can't afford it. everyone who shoots mine really likes it, my brother in law (who is a glock guy) loved it. it won't replace his duty pistol but he had a blast throwing some lead down range with it.

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

I don't know where you read the complaints in the gun rags, I only remember reading nothing but praise for them. Never handled one myself, but my best friend and a few others rented one at a range and passed it around. The conclusion was "Don't make the mistake of shooting one unless you have the money to buy it. It's that nice". Needles to say, it's on all of their "lists" also. Have fun. Nothing like adding a new member to the family :pot:

#5 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:18 AM

They are nice guns. My best friend has a Kimber 1911 and it used to jam frequently when it was new. But he did some work on it and now it functions fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users