2 replies to this topic

#1 hump

hump

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

hey guys i got some rabbits in the freezer and was thinking of trying a rabbit chillieanyone got a good recipe or someplace good to try and find one ?anyone used rabbit in a chillie ?how did it come out ?thanks guys

#2 jtownsend86

jtownsend86

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

I actually used rabbit today to make the chili. I deboned and ground up the rabbit meat first.Here is the recipe:2 lbs. ground rabbit meat (about 3 rabbits)2 large onions diced1 large bell pepper diced3 cans of pinto beans or 6 cups of home cooked pinto beans2 cans of diced tomatoes4 8oz cans of tomatoes sauce1/2 cup chili powder2 tablespoons garlic powder1 tablespoon ground black peppersalt to taste (I used about 2 tablespoons)mix the meat, diced onions, diced bell pepper, salt and pepper in your pot and cook until the meat is done. Drain off any excess liquid (there won't be much)Add the diced tomatoes, pinto beans, tomatoes sauce, chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir and let it simmer uncovered for about 15 - 20 minutes.We had the chili for dinner at my house and it was a big success. Enjoy!

#3 looseshot99

looseshot99

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shotguns, Fishing, Jiu Jitsu, and Judo

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

Mouth was watering just reading that... going to do some scouting for quail and chukar but am taking my 870 for any coyote or rabbits I may run into out there. Hopefully I can bag some edible rabbits and try this out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users