2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

I recently was having problems with my 66-2 4" that I bought used jamming up when shooting hot .357 loads. The primer would expand into the eroded firing pin hole and get stuck, causing the cylinder to not rotate properly unless forced. I sent the revolver to smith and wesson for repairs, and paid their estimate on it. They called me a couple weeks later and told me that the barrel threads were stripped on the reciever and they would not be able to repair my revolver. "How about we send you a brand new 686 4" at no charge to you?"I called back the next day to ask if I could get a 686-6" instead and he said that would be no problem.I am currently waiting for the new revolver to arrive at Stockton Gun Exchange so I can pay the CA extortion fee and wait 10 days.

#2 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Well that's great news. Too bad you have to pay the extortion fees to get a gun to replace one that is bad.

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

As a HUGE S&W, that makes me happy to hear. Hope you enjoy the new one. I have owned a 6" 686 since they first came with the 7 shot model (well over a decade ago), and can honestly say it has never disappointed. Hope yours brings you the same.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users