11 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

So yesterday after work I decided to have rabbit for dinner I grabbed my 22lr and headed to the pasture.I only saw 2 cotton tails so i lobbed some bullets at them from 100 yards or so away.When I walked up to them I noticed one was real small and i felt a little bad for it anyway i took it back to the truck and did a fast clean job with them just my luck had no knife I used a hack saw blade but I got the work done.finished cleaning them up at home .Posted Imagegetting ready to fry them.Posted Imageready to eat add a little garkic salt and pepper.Posted ImageThe best one was the little guy oh man it was so fresh and tender now all i want is the little ones!this was also the first time I ate rabbit heart it was pretty good I won't throw those away anymore.

#2 beniflas

beniflas

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

That looks tasty! Funny thing is I'm drinking a Coors Light while reading your post!
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

-Jeff Cooper

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

And you did not call me over for dinner. That does look real good. I been seeing lots of little ones also . They sure do taste good. :sport037fn4:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,706 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:12 AM

Yum! They sure look good. :sport037fn4:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,reloading,ghost towns,gold prospecting<br />target shooting,computers.<br /><br />45 Colt and 44 mag/45-70 are my favorites.<br /><br />I am retired.<br /><br />My other email is roblackwolf5@gmail.com

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Got Bugs Bunny,that's good.Hack saw blade ? Love the field expedientcy,when you gotta use with whatcha got !(Keep a knife with ya all the time.Never know when ya might need it.)
The old calibers and guns got the job doneKeep reloading-We may need it

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

I know just my luck :sport037fn4: what I was looking for was machete to whack the legs off but that was misplaced to .I just used the hack saw blade to cut the heads off and gut.I have the bigger rabbit marinating in beer ,garlic and crushed peppers.it has been marinating for 2 days now I am going to bbq them tonight and see how it tastes.

#7 Rooster707

Rooster707

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Looks great, i've never left them in the marinde for so long, may have to try that tomorrow.

#8 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,reloading,ghost towns,gold prospecting<br />target shooting,computers.<br /><br />45 Colt and 44 mag/45-70 are my favorites.<br /><br />I am retired.<br /><br />My other email is roblackwolf5@gmail.com

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Shoot-it,if I can get better (don't hold your breath),I'll haveto come for a visit.I've still restricted my driving.DMV had no word in this.You got the right stuff,bro.Misplaced ? I'm really good at that !Let us know about the BBQ.Have a good week-whatever is left of it.OK,Have a good weekend....
The old calibers and guns got the job doneKeep reloading-We may need it

#9 bisley11

bisley11

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Shoot-it.........Looks mouth watering. Whatever you do to fry em up like that sure works. Closing my eyes and thinking mashed potatoes and milk gravy with your fried bunny..... :smiley-birthday:

#10 Kalvinc

Kalvinc

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Can we get a batter recipe and instructions how to cook that? Looks delicious!

#11 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Nice picture and I've got to say, that looks real good! I'm going to have to try that once I get some rabbits. :roflmao3[1]:

#12 Poslo

Poslo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, rowing, photography, and hunting.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

Looks good. I can't wait to get me some of that! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users