• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

I took my daughter Alyssa up above Bishop to camp with friends and fish for some trout. We also stopped on the way and did a little bunny hunting since the season just opened up. Alyssa was my spotter and I shot three cotton tails in about five minutes of looking. After that we hiked a bit and took down a nice jack as well. Anxious to get moving, we got back in the truck and headed out after only 45 minutes of hunting.We arrived in camp around noon and started fishing after setting up camp. Alyssa did well on the trout and caught two the first day and five the second. We met up with friends and enjoyed good food, good company and many laughs. Alyssa was the only girl in a group of six boys ranging in age from 8 to 14 (she's ten and a half) and she outfished them all. Here's a few photos of an amazing trip.Me and Alyssa after a quick bunny hunt. Alyssa always like to pose with my little target 10/22...I shot all the rabbits.Posted ImageFirst cast at the lakePosted ImageMy little angel and her biggest troutPosted ImageUs at the lakePosted ImageThe fish. Alyssa caught quite a few of these little brook trout. All but this one were released.Posted Image

#2 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

Great job! I miss my youngest at the age of 10 when she wanted to be around us - especially hunting. She's 18 now and it's all about her friends....waiting for her early to mid 20's when she comes back to hunting with me!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#3 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

Don't worry Randy, they do come back to normal. My 25 and 21 year olds have returned. Now just waiting for the 17 year old to come back to reality.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

Way to go Alyssa ,nice fish. And good work on the bunnies.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 HogHunter714

HogHunter714

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

That is simply awesome.Having to little girls myself, I am starting to get my 5 yr old into shooting the bb gun and fishin. She caught her first rainbow on sunday and it was AWESOME!!!!

#6 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hey Bryan,Nothing like getting the kids started early. I stated mine when they were small and now all their kids hunt and fish. We got to go one of these days.Dan
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,204 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

That's an all around great outing right there.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Don't worry Randy, they do come back to normal. My 25 and 21 year olds have returned. Now just waiting for the 17 year old to come back to reality.

I hear ya Frank! My 25yr old daughter now has reasonable conversations with me!! haha! Although that one is the girlie-girl & vegan!I will have patience!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#9 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

Congratulations on a great trip. I love trout fishing this time of year.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#10 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

Nice Tim...this pic of Alyssa should be the cover of a California Fishing Magazine.Posted Image
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#11 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

Ed, she wants me to send it in to WON...we'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users