16 replies to this topic

#1 Trout Snacther

Trout Snacther

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

Anyone out there know of any nice low seats with a back that is light and packable?? I want something for calling I can pack in with me and use the bipod's with. The old stumps and rocks seem to just keep getting harder :lol: .

#2 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:46 AM

While padded, it puts you on the ground (no elevation) packable chair I've got one, not this brand, but they work well.

#3 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:25 PM

Just purchase an insulate pad used under sleeping bags. They are closed cell foam, so they don't soak in moisture. They aren't self-inflating, so you don't have to worry about an air leak.I just cut a piece large enough to sit on, fold it, and stick it in your pocket. They are very light.They are only $10 bucks, sometimes less.db

#4 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:26 PM

This one is ok. It "folds" but not real well. The legs are independently adjustable tall/short for uneven ground and it's comfortable enough. I got it for $15 at Sportsman's Wherehouse. Perfect for a short hike to a stand in vegitation.Posted Image

#5 PowderMonkey

PowderMonkey

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:49 AM

Or, if you like to sit directly on the ground, REI carries neat foam-cell blow-up (by mouth) seats made by Cascade Designs in Seattle under the brand name Thermarest (#1505585). Lifetime warranty and easy to roll up for packing. Measures 12 x 15 inches. Or.....WalMart used to carry a round "pillow" gizmo about 15 inches diameter, filled with some type of styrofoam. Cost was about $5. Feather light. Kept my butt warm sitting in the snow. It was camoflaged, but could not be rolled up. I don't know if they still offer the item.

#6 savageHMR

savageHMR

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:target shooting, varmint hunting, boating, fishing, horses..

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, the Walmart pillows are still available for $5, I just bought one two weeks ago.

#7 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:18 AM

Here is what I use if I don't have to pack it too far. I don't usually use it for coyote hunting but it makes an excellent seat for shooting with a bipod. It's just one of those low slung lawn chairs. Only sits a few inches off the ground.Attached File  100_1534.JPG   27.61KB   47 downloadsAttached File  100_1535.JPG   28.42KB   52 downloadsAttached File  100_1536.JPG   40.23KB   51 downloads

#8 Trout Snacther

Trout Snacther

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:14 AM

Thanks Guys! Lots of good info. I'm off on search this weekend to find the perfect hunting seat!

#9 PowderMonkey

PowderMonkey

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:25 AM

I also have one of those seats. I think Wal-Mart carries them; if not, Cabela's definitely carries them. Problem is, give me anything that is too comfortable and I fall asleep.

#10 Adam357

Adam357

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:49 PM

This one all the way! Extremely comfortable with a detatchable backpack. And it supports your back. I don't know what else could take the place of it. I like having the backpack when you need to take off layers of clothing. Here is a direct link... Northeast ProductsPosted Image

#11 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:22 PM

Looks like an awesome product. Is it comfortable?

#12 Adam357

Adam357

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:26 PM

Oh yes for sure! My legs don't fall asleep anymore.

#13 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

This one all the way! Extremely comfortable with a detatchable backpack. And it supports your back.Sounds great, but a bit of sticker shock. I like the price of, I think it was, Rimrock's chair better. The little gizmo Walt uses is even better. . .It carries itself. :( db

#14 NVWalt

NVWalt

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fly fishing, kitebugging, photography, astronomy, hot springing, looking at as many beautiful women as possible.

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:13 AM

That gizmo Walt uses the wife got at Wal-Mart maybe 4 years ago for 8 dollars. I haven't seen them for the last year there but it is also good in the snow and keeps the derriere warm. It is air and foam insulated and you can adjust the air for comfort and has an elastic belt with snap. I have to go to stuff-mart today to get a tire fixed so I will look and ask about them for you......Walt And it is camo.

#15 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:57 AM

You can sometimes find the closed cell foam pads at Walmart, Target etc. in the gardening dept. People use them to kneel on I guess while tending the garden. They don't have a backrest but they make a pretty decent seat. I picked up a couple at Walmart a few years ago for like a few bucks each, don't know why it was camo though.Posted Image

#16 223Larry

223Larry

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Varmint shooting .Fishing.Reloading

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

Try Cabelas .They have a good turkey hunting chair for under 20 bucks looks good

#17 Adam357

Adam357

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:47 PM

I would consider this one also from Sportsmans Guide.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users