• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

My son and I took my new Air Ranger out rabbit hunting and the gun was laser accurate and dam what a thump that .25 makes when it hit those rabbits. We got our first one at 37 yards and all the rest were around 40-70 yards and man were there a lot of them, we must have seen 30-50 rabbits. The rabbits were comming out of everywhere faster then we could shoot them, it was almost like they were charging us and trying to atack....lol Head shotPosted ImageHead shotPosted ImageHead shotPosted ImageHead shotPosted ImageHead shotPosted ImageHead shot, this went in one eye and out the other.Posted ImageHead shotPosted Image

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

Bunny heaven. I always said the prairie dogs sometimes looked like they are attacking through the scope. Nice job.Like the rabbit in Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

#3 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

No I meant the bunnies were running at us coming out of the fields to eat the grass and we had a good shooting spot so they didn't see us. Even as we were shooting them others still kept running towards us, we ran out of ammo.......lol

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

Right. Growing up the best hunting memories I have was a beagle, 22, and cottontails. Now I would use an airgun too.

#5 Andrey

Andrey

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:surfing, painting, small crafts, tennis, crowling, guns

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

where did you hunt? or that's a secret:)

#6 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

I have a few private land spots I go in San Diego East County but some times there are more pest then I have air and or ammo......lol

#7 Andrey

Andrey

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:surfing, painting, small crafts, tennis, crowling, guns

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

wow. somehow all small animals love to be near people. did not find any in the wilderness. or maybe they are hiding better.

#8 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

wow good hunting. I have never ran out of ammo hunting around here, not enough game. Back in Maine when I was a kid that did happen a few times. It was nothing to kill 40 red squirrels a day. It was so easy you couldn't even call it hunting. I don't miss the snow and freezing temps but I do miss nutter hunting there.

#9 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

Yeah the cold sucks, the best I did on private land was 34 squirrels in 2.5 hours. I went out this morning and got 4 rabbits, 6 squirrels, 2 gophers and 1 bird. I have also seen coyote there and 1 rattle snake too.

#10 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Nice going on the rabbits. A lot of good eating there. Congrats.

#11 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

LOL! Kicking ass! I knew you would like that Ranger in the .25 And it has some serious knock down power. It goes through Rabbits so fast that you can hear it ricochet off the ground behind it. LOL I hit one at a angle one time and it made a pretty good mess! LOL Dead eye shots! No really! LOL

#12 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

Well Scott I have settled in on your Air Ranger .25 60 FPE for my next airgun purchase. It turns out AOA didn't have the .25s on sale so I am waiting for them to go on sale which they claim will be coming unless Ponoma beats them to it. Today at the St. Louis airgun show I finally got my mitts on some FX guns and they are impressive but just not the power level I want. AOA said they carry the .25 standard ARs with the 60 FPE tune normally in stock unless a shortage developes of some component like the barrels. While I was talking to them about the Air Ranger I decided I would also ordered up the new HDD for my .25 Marauder. That turned out to be $35 well spent. My shot count went up nearly 50% on my first string with the debouncer. These valves are really inefficient stock.

#13 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Great photos and story and very good information. Keep it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users